eight

tw: physical abuse. feel free to skip if you need!

Kætalaya had left the Marui a couple minutes ago, leaving Neteyam to himself. With nothing better to do he started to think, and think, and think. He mainly thought about the girl. The way his skin grew hot at their proximity, her cool breathe fanning over his face, or her gentle voice right in his ear. From the moment they first arrived on the beach and had seen her dancing in the water he knew there was something special about her, as cliche as it sounded. 

He hoped he could stay injured quite a while longer and that Kætalaya could stay his care taker, just a little longer.

He felt weird, recently the only emotions he'd been feeling were stressed and tired, but since they arrived here those feelings seemed to have just vanished. He wasn't sure why. In the peaceful Marui Neteyam let himself think about the girl a little longer.

Kætalaya on the other, was experiencing the opposite of peace. After being suspiciously summoned by Roxto for some kind of emergency, things had gone down hill pretty fast. She was being rushed by Roxto over to the... training area? Why would be be bringing her over here, she wasn't set to train until later in the day.

"Roxto what's going on?" She asked the boy who had been silent their whole walk. He had just hastily grabbed her arm and starting dragging her.

No response.

"Roxto please tell me your scaring me." She pleaded with the boy

No response.

Kætalaya sighed at this and just decided to drop it, whatever it was it couldn't be that bad, right? 

They reached the entrance of larger Marui. Kætalaya wasn't very familiar with. Roxto let go of her arm sighing before looking at her. His eyes looked, sad? "Im sorry" was all he said before turning and quickly leaving the girl, not wanting to stay for what was to come. 

"Wait what?" She called out to him, extremely confused and oblivious to what was about to happen. She looked back at the tent, should she just leave? Nothing was stopping her technically, besides that it was an "emergency." If it was an emergency why didn't he stay with her? She sighed, before ultimately deciding to enter. 

She slowly entered the tent, to find her mother and three older Navi men. She recognized one as Luinqry, his daughter attended Kætalayas classes, he was always very nice. He gave her a small smile even though he held a confused expression. Even though it was small, the act comforted her. Whatever was going on she knew it couldn't be good. 

Her mother briefly looked at her as she entered, emotionless per usual. "Alright we may now get started." She said to the three men. Them all nodding and going to grab something Kætalaya couldn't see. 

"Mother, what is going on?" She asked, feeling very uneasy about her situation currently. Her mother sighed before speaking to her, not actually looking at her though. 

"One of the men did not show up for training today, so you will be filling in for him." Kætalaya eyes widened at her mothers statement. Kætalaya knows she is one of the strongest warriors and firmly believes the men and women of the tribe are equal when it comes to fighting but, come on! She was seventeen! These men had to be at least five or more years older than her. All of them filled out and obviously a lot more powerful than her, and more trained. It was setting her up for failure, which is probably why her mother did it. 

"Mother, you- you cannot be serious, I don't stand a chance with these men, they are far more trained and muscular than me, I'll die!" Her mother simply shrugged at her daughters plea.