012

(untitled ) by hearts4neteyam

ʚ ✦ ♥︎ ∞ ☾ ɞ

It took a lot of convincing, but eventually you agreed to linking with your avatar.

Originally you had said no, but the topic kept being brought up by Spider. It was an inescapable, unbearable conversation you two repeatedly had.
When you brought it up with Norm, he was thrilled.

This was an incredible thing—though there was just one downside.

There was no way to prepare you to link.
On Earth everyone that worked in the avatar program had training prior to arriving on Pandora, so you'd have to take things slowly.

"Don't worry about not getting it the first time. Just try and relax." Max tells you, his finger tips tapping against the tablet screen.

Your heart felt so light in your chest as you stare up at him, watching the movement of his hands.
You allow both your body, and mind to relax. Just like he said.

When you open your eyes again, you find Norm's avatar smiling down at you.

One of the working scientist appear at your side, snapping their fingers at your ear. It was startling at first, but you reacted just as you were meant to.
"You're doing great." Kiri praises, sitting on the cot next to you, and next to her, Neteyam.

At the edge of your cot, Lo'ak.

Both Norm and the scientist help you to sit up, testing your motor control. This went on for a few hours as Norm, Kiri, and Neteyam gave you words of encouragement.

"Do not be a downer, let us take them to walk around." The answer was no, but with relentless begging and nagging he agreed.

You were immediately being pulled away by Kiri with Neteyam at your side. Their brother on the other hand, was just trailing behind you.

The four of you explored the forest until Neteyam had to leave with Jake, and Kiri had to attend her lessons with Mo'at. Leaving just you and Lo'ak.
"Can I braid your hair?"

At first you hadn't thought you heard him right, but when your eyes met his, you knew he was serious. Quietly you turned your back to him, allowing his fingers to work themselves into your hair.

Lo'ak gently lifted your queue into his hands, placing it over your shoulder so that he may avoid accidentally pulling on it.

"You look beautiful." He mumbled behind you, his finger tips brushing against the back of your ear.
"I was afraid that you did not like me, like this." You pull your queue into your hands, softly petting it.

The movements in your hair ceased as his hand wrapped around you, finding your chin.

Delicately he turned your head to look at him, and you smiled.

"I care about what is here. I do not about what you look like." Releasing your chin, he'd press the palm of his hand to your chest—his yellow eyes flickering between his hand and your face.

"Bro. Your heart is beating so fast."

"I thought you were doing my hair." You complained, shoving his hand away from your chest. Lo'ak smiles at you, tangling his hands within your hair again.

ʚ ✦ ♥︎ ∞ ☾ ɞ

thank you for making it this far! i hope you're enjoying the oneshots written by the owners!

vote goal —  100 🌷