(28)

Lavish came downstairs followed by the terrorists. He took out a key of his half pant pocket and unlocked a room at the ground floor. They entered inside and Lavish take them to a trunk.

He opened the trunk which had three bomber belts inside. The first terrorist picked up a belt, looked at it for a while and turned to his fellow terrorist. He chuckled to see him.

The second terrorist made a call to his leader.

Al Hadid's residence: Al Hadid used to live in a mansion with his armed guards all over the premise. The armed guards were at terrace, balconies, parking lots, compound. There was an open swimming pool at the second floor where used to have his bath. He had his aide Abu Bakar.

Al Hadid came out of his swimming pool and went to his bedroom. He wore his outfits, came out of his room where Abu Bakar was there at the stairs with a phone in his hand.

Al Hadid asked, " Was it Hamid's call? "

Abu Bakar nodded, " They have received the belts. "

" Pilots. "

" They are in the camp. "

" Bring the cameras. We'll record it tonight. By tomorrow morning, the news channels will be filled with our news. "

" Insha Allah! "

TABLE LAMP was accessing his mobile phone while sitting by a dining table in Fariah's house. Maryam came to him with checkers in her hand. She put the checkers board before him.

He asked, " What's this? "

" Checkers. Will you play with me? "

" Okay. But I don't know how to play checkers. "

" I'll teach you. "

The doorbell rang. Fariah came out of kitchen and opened the door where Antonio was there. He came inside and TABLE LAMP appeared in the living room. Antonio looked at him.

Fariah said, " He is Mr. Faiz. An old friend of Khalid. "

Faiz and Antonio shook hands. Antonio looked at his daughter.

He said, " I guess you both were playing checkers. "

Faiz replied, " Well, we were about to start the game when you came. "

" Oh! I literally disturbed you. "

Faiz chuckled.

Antonio added, " She has beaten me a dozen of times in the game. Be careful. "

" I am new to the game. I know I am going to loose. "

" Come on. "

Fariah's voice came from the kitchen,

" No games now. The dinner has been prepared. Get on the tables. "

FIREFLY came out of her hotel at around nine at night. She sat inside the taxi which was parked nearby. The taxi departed. She was seen by Ojas who was having an eye on her from his grey car. He was connected to Mr. Hayat and Retika over the ear pod.

He said, " She has departed. Do you copy BIRD WIRE? "

" Copy. "

Ojas began to follow the taxi. Retika and Aniket were inside a van which had a GPS displaying the live location of Ojas's car. Retika ignited the van and began to drive.

She said, " We have eye on your location. Keep moving. "

Aniket got his hand behind the seat and felt something. He took the thing out which was nothing else than a handgun.

He asked, " Are we going use the thing? "

She looked at the gun.

" If we have to. "

" I hope we don't have to. "

" As if you haven't used it before. Maybe you forgot, you have left a dead man in the third lane of your locality. "

Aniket sighed and put the gun inside the glove box.

FIREFLY received a message on her phone. She read the message, ' PULL OVER '. She did the same and asked the driver to pull over. The car stopped and she went out of the car.

Ojas looked at her and stopped his car too.

He said, " She has got out of the car. "

Retika exclaimed, " What! "

Aniket asked her, " Anything wrong? "

" It seems like something. "

She told Ojas, " We are coming to you. "

As the taxi left, FIREFLY received a call.

She answered, " Hello. "

Aza Ibrahim said, " You did well by getting out of the car. "

" Why did you tell me to do so? "

" Look on your right. There is a grey hatchback parked at a few distance from yours. "

She looked on her right and spotted Ojas's car by the road.

She said, " I can see that. "

" He's not alone. You better walk away from the place and reach a safe spot. "

FIREFLY began to walk ahead.

Retika asked, " Is she still there? "

Ojas said, " I believe she has come to know about me. "

He geared up his car to follow her but he was rammed by a black SUV from the right side. Ojas got his head injured and instantly tried to get off his car. He was about to unhook his seat belt. Two masked gunman came out of the SUV with assault rifle in their hand.

They pointed their gun at him. One of them came near to the car door to got h out but he was shot down. The second gunman looked at his left and was too shot down. An injured Ojas was astonished to see the scene but he managed to get out of the car. He looked at the shooter who was none other than Aniket who had a gun in his hand.

Retika came to him with Aniket and lifted him up on their shoulders.

Aniket told her, " Chase her. I'll take him to the van. "

Ojas said, " She is headed to the carpet souk. "

FIREFLY arrived at the end of market by a building. Aza arrived at her in his police car. She sat by him. He reversed his car to the left to leave from the other route but Retika appeared before them. Aza looked at her who took out a handgun of her holsters.

Aza geared up his car which rushed towards Retika who began to shoot at Aza but was rammed by him. The car escaped leaving Retika on the ground with injured legs. The car came to the open road where Aza geared up the speed.

FIREFLY looked at her back.

She said, " No one is following now. "

As she turned ahead, a van appeared behind them which was driven by Aniket. He began to chase them through the alleys and the market. When the van came to the open road, Ojas looked at the car.

He said, " Keep it left. "

Aniket managed to keep the van on the left. Ojas lifted up the back seat where an disassembled assault rifle was hidden inside with its parts. Ojas took out the rifle and assembled the parts.

He said, " Gear up. "

Aniket raised the gear and drove the van towards the car. Ojas slided the van door, aimed at the van and began to fire. The rear windshield of the car broke. Aza tried to dodge them but the car got hit by the divider, flipped twice and fell on the road on its left side.