(18)

Aniket walked inside Naveen's bungalow where the dog was barking continuously in the lawn where he was tied with the swings. Aniket rushed to the living room and went upstairs. He looked at Naveen in his upper room where he was lying dead on the chair.

His head was bleeding where there was a gunshot wound on the right temple. A gun was kept near the chair with his right hand hanging above the weapon. He began to access his phone to dial a number but noticed an envelope under Naveen's blazer. He took out the envelope on which it was written in a rough handwriting, ' DON'T CALL THE COPS. '

An Air Force gypsy stopped near the bungalow. Dhyan Bhatt and an air force police personnel Reddy went out of Gypsy. Reddy was in his mid thirties and had a height near to six feet. Reddy looked at the dog who was barking.

Aniket looked at them from the balcony and ran back to Naveen's room where he was lying dead. Mr. Bhatt went to the door followed by Reddy. He opened the door and Reddy got his handgun out of his holsters. Reddy went to the bedroom which was besides the living room.

Mr. Bhatt had a look in the bathroom. There was no one on the ground floor. Reddy came out of the bedroom and looked at Mr. Bhatt who gestured him to go upstairs. Reddy went upstairs with his gun in hand. Aniket was standing by the window. He slided the window to open, grabbed the casing and climbed the sill.

There was a drainage pipe installed on the left of the window. He tried to reach the pipe but couldn't. He looked up where a slab was built above the window. He grabbed the slab with both of his hands. He pulled himself and somehow climbed the slab. Reddy came near to Naveen's body and looked at the gun on the floor.

Mr. Bhatt entered the room and was astonished to see the scene.

He exclaimed, " My god! "

A phone ringtone was heard by them. Reddy looked at the window and rushed towards it. Aniket looked at the phone which was from an unknown number. He disconnected the call and got it back inside his pocket.

" Who's it there? " Reddy's voice came from the window.

Aniket looked at the pipe and took a deep breath. He jumped of the slab and grabbed the pipe. Reddy looked up at Aniket who looked back at him. Reddy pointed his gun at him.

Reddy said, " Get off the pipe. "

Aniket's hands slipped of the pipe but he managed to balance himself.

Reddy warned him, " Come on. Come here. Surrender yourself. "

" I didn't kill him sir. "

Reddy yelled, " I said get off the pipe! "

" I am sorry sir. "

Aniket left his hand and slided down of the pipe. He fell on the ground on his back and groaned. Reddy climbed the sill and jumped to grab the pipe. Aniket stood up, picked up his side bag and began to run with the bag strap around his shoulder. Reddy landed on the ground safely and began to chase him.

The chase took place on the small streets where Aniket jumped over a puppy dog and then climbed a wooden wall and jumped over it with the help of a drum.
Reddy kept on chasing him and loses him. He stopped near a TV repair shop where a water bottle was kept inside on a table. He drank the water and left the site.

Aniket was hidden in a store room where  a number of TV sets were stored. He walked out of the store room and looked at the store owner who nodded his head as an indication of a clear way. He gave him a hundred rupee note and thanked him.

His phone began to ring again. He received the call from the same unknown number. He attended the call.

" Hello. "

" Mr. Aniket Vora. I am speaking from the hospital. "

Aniket was lying on another bed besides Ankita. A blood pipe was attached to him from which a blood transfusion process was going on between him and Ankita who was on the ventilator. A few moments later a nurse entered the room and stopped the process.

She detached the pipe from Aniket's hand and applied cotton to stop bleeding. He walked out of the room with a bandage on his hand. He washed his hands and face from the washbasin in the washroom of the hospital. He wiped his face with his handkerchief and put that inside his pocket.

He touched his right pocket that made him remind about his lost wallet.

Yashwant's sedan was parked at a secluded region where a number of lands were plotted with no house around. Vivaan was on the passenger seat with is left hand handcuffed with the car door. Yashwant was on the driving seat with a cigarette in his hand.

Yashwant said, " Your confession will help you to reduce your imprisonment. That's the only thing you can do right now. The government will take care of your family. "

" I don't think your government will be so kind towards my family. "

" The evidences we have recovered are pointing towards you. Even the truck driver has stated how you did you threaten him. "

" Why shouldn't I? It was my son. I was trying to find the truth behind his death. "

Yashwant took out the shopping store receipt.

He sighed, " A man buys a knife, a jacket and a mask just days after his son's death. And next day his actual murderer was found dead in his house. Kind of a good revenge thriller crime story. "

" Find the weapon then. If you really mean to say I am the one. "

" I understand I won't be able to locate the stuffs we are talking about because I am not only talking to a criminal. I am talking to a sergeant too. "

Yashwant added, " So if you are not going to confess about the murder which you have actually committed, I will let you go from here but a couple of seconds later the bullet from my gun will hit your back after which you won't be able to see your family again. "

Vivaan sighed.

Yashwant continued, " But if you confess about what you have done, you only have to spend some eight to twelve years of imprisonment and you would be allowed to attend your family occasionally. "

He lit his cigarette from a lighter.

He added, " It's upon you Mr. Rai. I am going to have a smoke outside. "

Yashwant went out of his car and smoked the cigarette.