(23)

Wajid's team took the stretchers on which the pilots were lying, inside the van and locked the doors from outside.

TABLE LAMP said, " The effect of the dose will be over by an hour. They will wake up in an hour. "

" We'll be at our safe house by then. "

TABLE LAMP and Wajid shook hands again. The team left in the SUV followed by the van. TABLE LAMP sent a message to FIREFLY. She was sitting by the glass wall in the hotel room. She read the message on the phone.

She typed a message, " Where you are heading to now? "

The team arrived near an old warehouse which was built in an alley. The team and the driver came out of SUVs and the van respectively. They unlocked the back door of the van where the pilots were partially awake. The pilots came out one by one and were handcuffed by a team member.

A Turkish middle aged woman was jogging by the road and passed by the alley. She stopped after a while and moved backwards where she saw the pilots and the armed team of Wajid. She moved ahead and made a call from her phone.

Wajid ordered his two members, " Take them to the upper floor. "

The three pilots went upstairs with their cuffed hands, followed by two team members, Hamid and Shoaib. There was a hall on the upper floor where three chairs were kept around five feet apart from each other by the wall which had a white canvas. The pilots were made to sit on the different chairs.

A third team member, Akhtar entered the hall with a camera in his hand.

He said, " Bring the lights inside. "

The other two brought the lights inside and turned it on. The photographs of each pilots were clicked by one of them.

A police car arrived near the alley. Two cops came out with handgun in their hands. They ran toward the warehouse on their tiptoes.

Wajid's man, Wahab poured coffee in three cups. Wajid entered the room and picked two cups and went out to the hall where the other one, Abrar was preparing forged documents of the pilots. Wajid came to him and gave him a coffee cup.

Abrar thanked him for the coffee.

Wajid asked, " Documents? "

" Prepared. Only photographs and authority signatures are left now. And the stamp too. "

Wajid picked up his bag from the table and took out a rubber stamp and the pen. He took out the papers on which there was the sign of the authority. He showed it to Abrar.

Abrar asked, " Are you going to forge the signatures? "

Wajid chuckled.

" What's going on here? "

They heard a male voice in an arabic accent. Wajid and Abrar moved around where the two cops were standing by the warehouse door while pointing the gun towards them. Wahab came out of the other room with the coffee cup in his hand.

The cop asked them again, " What's going on here? "

The other cop looked at Abrar, the documents and then the stairs.

The other cop asked, " Who's upstairs? "

Wajid replied, " There is no there. "

The cop 1 yelled, " What are you doing here? "

Wajid left his cup and began to walk towards them with his hands in air.

The cop 2 got his finger on the trigger.

Wajid said, " Please. We are not doing anything wrong here. We are from embassy. "

Both the cops had their gun towards him. Abrar pulled out his gun of his holsters and shot the second cop. The first cop was about to shoot Wajid but he held his hand, kicked him back, snatched his gun and shot him dead. He sighed heavily.

Akhtar came downstairs with a small envelope in his hand.

He said, " Photographs are ready. "

He looked at the dead cops. Wajid looked at him.

" Dispose the bodies. We have to cross the border as early we can. "

Hamid opened a wooden trunk in which three brown coloured labour uniforms were kept.

Dhyan Bhatt ate his tablets and drank a glass of water in his bedroom. He kept the glass back on the side table. His phone rang. He attended the call.

Retika went to the chamber of her handler, Abhimanyu Singh in the EYE BRANCH DIVISION. She arrived near the chamber where the door was already closed. She looked at the secretary desk on her right. Alaya was on the secretary desk.

Retika asked, " Who's inside? "

Alaya answered, " Mr. Singh has arranged a special meeting with an IB personnel. "

" IB? "

Alaya received a call on the telephone. She attended the call. After a moment the call was hung up. She looked at Retika.

" You can go inside. "

Retika opened the chamber door where Abhimanyu was sitting on his seat by the table and Maanav Sarja, Joint Deputy Director of IB was sitting in front of him. She shut the door and came to them.

Abhimanyu said, " Mr. Sarja, she is our EYE operative Retika. "

Maanav stood up and shook hands with her.

She said, " Morning sir. "

" So you are the BIRD-WIRE? "

She chuckled, " Yes sir. "

" I have heard stories. "

Abhimanyu said, " They are not stories Mr. Sarja. Miss Retika had actually went to the tunnel to prevent the explosion in the train. "

She said, " It was a couple of years ago. "

" Have seat Miss Retika. "

Retika and Mr. Sarja sat down.

Retika said, " I got the call very early at the morning. There must be something urgent, sir. "

Abhimanyu said, " Mr. Sarja has received the news from the Air Force at 0500 HRS in the morning that their three fighters pilots has went missing as they are not able to contact them since the last evening. Their phones have been deactivated and their whereabouts are still unknown. "

She nodded her head.

Mr. Sarja continued, " IB has decided to assign the case to EYE since it has been established to work under the supervision of IB and we want that you must be appointed to trace them. "

She nodded, " Definitely sir, I am at your service. "

Abhimanyu said, " Miss Retika, you are already investigating a case of the murder of an air force personnel. "

" Yes sir. Group Captain Naveen Kishore. He had charges of stealing data from their server which had highly confidential information about their personnel and operation. "

" Did you get the man behind the killing? "

" Sir the crime scene and the postmortem states that it's a case of suicide not the murder. "

" What about the guy who was spotted at the scene? "

" He is cooperating with me, sir. "