Surprise... or not.

It's the next day, I woke up early to make Carl breakfast, he still had to work today, so it gives me time to get his party ready.

I make him pancakes and eggs, and I leave him a little note on the table next to it. I quickly go back to bed and he soon after wakes up for work.

CARL POV

I wake up at 6:30am the next morning for work. I smell something in the kitchen, but Mya is still sleeping... weird.

I get ready and walk down stairs and see a single plate with pancakes and eggs in it with a note sitting next to it.

"Happy birthday love, I hope you have an amazing day. Don't let anyone fuck it up. Thank you for being the best husband I could ever ask for, these past 5 1/2 years have been some of the best in my entire life, and that's all thanks to you. We went from secretly fucking, to married, who would have known? But anyways, I hope you enjoy breakfast, it might be cold so you should probably put it in the microwave wave, sorry. I love you so much. Have a great day, don't get hurt, don't do anything dumb. I love you, forever.
Xoxo, Mya"

I put the letter down, but something feel out of it and onto the floor.

I pick it up and it's a little ticket, I flip it over and on the other side I see.

"One free HJ, OR, BJ"

I laugh and put it in my pocket.

I quickly finish eating and head out the door, still with a smile on my face.

MYA POV-

At about 8:30am, Everliegh walks into my room and climbs in bed with me.

"Mommy" she whispers "can we do daddy's birthday party now" she says still whispering.

"Later, you have to wait for everyone else to come over and help." I say sitting up out of bed.

About 2 hours later all of the Gallaghers, and Balls arrive and help me set everything up.

"It looks amazing" Fiona says as she stands back to look at it.

"And the house... it's very nice, not what I was expecting" lip says still looking at it in amazement.

"That's what I said" Kev says in a higher pitched voice.

We all hang around and talk for awhile, when we hear the door open. And Carl walks in.

"SURPRISE" we all yell, and Everliegh is jumping around still yelling.

Carl comes up to me, his eye lids are droopy, his hair is all messed up. And he smells very strongly of alcohol.

"Carl what the fuck, you're drunk" I say pushing him away from me

"Yeah so what" he says walking away and rolling his eyes.

"What the fuck do you mean so what? We planed all of this for you, and you come home drunk, and you say 'so what' you know how exited Ev was, she's been waiting all week. And she sees you not even give her a smirk" I say as tears form in my eyes.

"Whatever I'm gonna lay down." He says and walks upstairs.

"Carl what the fuck" Ian yells up to him. " Appreciate what you have now man, because you keep this up, you're but going to have it" Ian says in a stern voice.

Carl just flipped him off and keep walking.

I run upstairs and follow behind him, I slam the door and lock it.

"Tell me what is this about Carl" I say this time not yelling.

"Just another tough day, needed to get my mind off
Of things" he says as he pulls his shirt off.

"Again blaming your hard day on everything. If your life is so fucking hard then leave Carl, go I'll make it on my own. I'll do perfectly fucking fine without you. " I say yelling at him.

"You know you wouldn't even be here if it weren't for
Me Mya. You wouldn't have Everliegh, you wouldn't be in a nice house. And you wouldn't have half of the shit that you have. I fucking love you Mya, but work has been shit and it has nothing to do with you" he says sitting up.

"Ok but now it's affecting us. You can't just come home drunk one day and think that's ok. That means you where driving drunk Carl. If your Sargent found out, you wouldn't have a job at all. So please just sleep it out, and I'll  tell everyone to go home. Just please promise me you won't do that again. And if you need to talk I'm here Carl. And I think you should really switch your stations if you think this is going to keep happening" I say as I shut the door.

I walk downstairs and everyone looks at me with a sorry look.

"It's fine, I'm just going to let him sleep it off. We can plan something for another time. I'm sorry for wasting your day" I say

"Don't be it's not your fault" Debbie says has everyone walks out of the house

"Mommy, is daddy ok" Everliegh says, her eyes are puffy and red, and her nose is runny

"Yes sweetheart, he just doesn't feel good. When he wakes up you can tell him happy birthday. We're going to have another party" I say with a smile

"Ok" she says with a smile and skips along to her play room.