Two

TWO
Alone

Congratulations

Gamer Clear
5 days have been added to your visa

Carefully getting out of the boat, feeling her feet and shins engulf in the river water, an action she swore to never let happen again. The only thing she could feel right now was numbness. Her reflection staring back at her in a dim light from the river, her expression was unreadable.

"What is this world?" a question aimed towards herself.

She could feel Chishiya behind her, not knowing if he was looking at her in pity or if he too was feeling what she felt.

"This world grows to be more interesting, I'm guessing that these visas are a way of showing how long we get to live." His voice sounded rough and tired, expected. But this sentence confirmed to Hikaru that she was the only one facing an internal crisis.

Hikaru started to walk onto the grass hill, not wanting to feel the water any longer. There stood a table with a card on it, 5 of clubs, the supposed difficultly of this game.

She needed to speak, but knowing that if she even uttered a word it would come out shaky. Taking multiple breaths she picked up the card and turned to face the male who was also just approaching the table.

" I wonder what reason they have for giving these cards to us at the end of a game." Her voice was quiet to hide her nervousness, she didn't want to sound weak, that's the last label she wanted to be put under.

"I suppose the game master is yet to be questioned again."

"How do you know there's a game master? What if there's an entire group of people making these?"

He looked up at her, opened his mouth to answer the question but quickly closed his mouth, then made a face that revealed surprise.

"I couldn't tell in the middle of our game because we were in a rush, but you seem to have a bloody nose."

She frustratedly sighed and wiped under her nose with her hand feeling wetness. God this happens at the worst time. She walks to the edge of the river and takes a handful of water to wipe her hands and nose. Not wanting to talk about her condition at the moment she rushed to get all the blood off her face and hands. Once finished she stood up and glanced back at the male and saw him sitting on a bench.

"I can tell this world is a cruel but fair one." She said as she walked to the bench and sat down.
"What do you plan on doing from here on out?"

Shocked at her first statement but not given enough time to try and respond so he answers her question.
"I plan to find a clothing store, and play more games to find out what's happening in this world. Playing these games is probably the only way to survive here."

She hums to his response.
" I'm sure that playing these games is the only thing we get to do in this world, I wonder if these games differ in types based on the card types."

"That's probably the case."

They sat there in silence for a couple seconds to a minute.