Chapter 40

I entered the Cullen home and found the others waiting. "How is she?" Jasper asked. "Good, Alice is in the process of making the documentation for Bree to be a part of our family." I answered. "Our family?" Rosalie asked. "I'm adopting her as my daughter, Rose." I said.

Edward rolled his eyes. "Wow, first you wanted her dead and now she's your daughter." He muttered. I rushed Edward and pinned him against the wall with blazing eyes.

"Look who's talking...why isn't Jacob dead? Hmm? Didn't you want to kill him several times? Didn't you want to kill yourself because of Bella?" I spat. "You speak of her like that again, I don't care who you are, I'm killing you." I snarled walking away.

"Bree...is a doppelgänger." I announced. "A look-alike?" Carlisle asked. I nodded my head. "How do you know that?" Jasper asked. "Because she's a doppelgänger of my deceased daughter." I said quietly.

"You had a daughter?" Edward asked. "A long time ago, before anyone of you were created. It was a miracle no one thought possible. A vampire having a child with a werewolf? Impossible. But it happened. Her name was Gianna..." I said barely above a whisper.

"And she was as beautiful as she was kind. I loved her more than anything in the world. Protected her from any sort of harm." I said as tears blurred my vision, remembering her.

"What happened to her?" Carlisle asked. "She became deathly ill with a disease. A sickness that we didn't understand at the time. A sickness that had already taken the life of her mother." I continued.

"I remember clear as day...She was dying in my arms in her favorite spot in the villa. Beneath a willow tree beyond the wine vineyards of our family estate. She used to watch the sun set every night before she went to sleep," I stated.

"That day...she watched her last sun set. I watched in agony and tears as my one and only daughter died to an illness I could not cure her of. Watching her be in pain was worse than dying to become a vampire." I voiced.

"I shut myself off from everyone for over 600 years. My siblings, you think would care...but no. They didn't even know she existed. They didn't even know where I was. I had no one. For 6 centuries, I was alone dealing with the loss of my daughter. A loss that wreaked havoc upon many a country in my anger and pain." I explained.

"I lost my soul when she died. And I've been trying to find it ever since." I whispered.