𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖎𝖝

SLIDELL & NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

I sped down the streets of Slidell before entering New Orleans on the other side of Lake Pontchartrain. Alice sat beside me in the passenger seat staring out the window of the Ferrari. "So, like what you see?" I asked her as I swerved around slow moving vehicles. "Yeah. There's so much...water." She answered. I let out a laugh. "Well, the city is below sea level." I pointed out. After a couple of minutes, we passed the Lafayette cemetery and soon arrived in the French Quarter 30 minutes later. "You sure took the long way." She said. I shrugged. "What can I say? I love the city." I said as I stopped the car on the side of the cobblestone street. I exited the car and looked around as Alice got out. My eyes were fixated on a complex on the corner of Royal Street with a blood red door. "You okay?" She asked intertwining her fingers through mine. "Never better." I told her as the other Cullens arrived 7 minutes later. "How did you guys get here so fast?" Emmett asked. I raised a brow looking around at the Italian supercar behind me. "Oh! Damn!" He exclaimed. I scoffed shaking my head. I shoved my hands into my pockets walking to the corner building. I paused outside before turning around to face the others. "Why don't I go in first and handle them before they meet you guys? I'd much rather them be in a good mood when they meet you. So, there's a bar nearby called "Rousseau's Bar and Grill" and I'll come get you guys later." I told them. "Are you sure?" Alice asked. "Yeah." I said with a sigh. "That's fine, Stiles. In the meantime, I would love to see your hometown." Carlisle said with a smile before walking away with Esme and the others. Alice planted a kiss on my lips before leaving with them. I let out a sigh before entering the compound.

I walked into the large open square and looked around at the antique leather furniture. I stared at the now-restored family crest on the brick column before walking away standing before the painted portraits of my siblings and I hanging on the wall. I brushed my fingers along the canvas before turning around and  froze on the spot when all-too-familiar voices sounded from above on the third floor. I clung to the shadows and watched as Klaus and the rest of my family came down the stairs from the study, stopping on the second floor. "I'm telling you, Niklaus. If our brother is happy where he is, then we should leave him be. Do not ruin this for him." Elijah told the impulsive Hybrid. "He should at least call us once and a while." Nik shouted. "He made himself quite clear that he wanted to be away from our toxic family drama. And to be honest, he should be. With the Hellhound that resides within him...who knew how long he had until someone used it against him and let him loose on the town or worse?" Elijah argued. I dropped my head. "He's my brother, Elijah. You can't stop me from wanting to see him." Klaus voiced. "You guys, Mieczy, has wanted nothing more than to find people that love him. And for centuries we weren't there for him. Maybe this is our punishment for resenting him for so long." Rebekah sounded. I sighed. "I'd be lying if I said that I haven't missed your bickering." I said making my presence known. They searched around until I came out from the shadows and looked up at them. "But then again...I am a good liar." I said with a smirk. They looked at me with wide eyes. "Stiles?" Klaus asked. "That is my name, isn't it? Why? Is there another me walking around town that I don't know about?" I asked squinting my eyes. "You could never be replaced, Mischief." Klaus stated looking down at me with his infamous smile.