Chapter 48

BRAN CASTLE, ROMANIA

The moonlight above shone upon the beautiful glistening vampiress I stared at her from across the balcony of the stone fortress while I finished off my glass of "Pinot Noir."

Not so much as wine as it was the blood of a serial killer that ravaged the lives of 37 young women in Bucharest. He was currently suffering for the rest of his life as my prisoner deep within the depths of the dungeon beneath the castle. As he has been for the last 700 years, due to an immortality curse that I placed upon him. Forever to remain a human but never to die.

I leaned back against a nearby wall as Alice turned and sauntered over to me, her ebony black sheer shawl barely clung to her supple porcelain body. Her swan-like neck was now adorning a priceless silver necklace with a large oval cut ruby jewel inset in the center of the necklace. On either side of the ruby sat two emeralds that were smaller in size.

I remember acquiring the jeweled necklace from the Queen of Spain.

A smile curved its way onto Alice's lips as she stood before me. "Out of every damn star in the sky...you're the only one I care about." I said as I pulled her close to me. Our lips brushed one another's before a hunger consumed the both of us.

Alice bit and tugged at my lower lip. She hopped a bit before wrapping her legs around my waist. She leaned her head back as I gently bit into her neck.

"Stiles," she moaned softly grabbing a tuft of my hair. "Shh." I whispered against her marble skin. A darkness swirled around us before we found ourselves in the master bedroom. A large king-sized bed with garnet-colored velvet sheets practically called out to us.

Alice jumped off before pushing me back on to the bed. She climbed atop of me, smiling mischievously. "Play time darling." She whispered.