Gold digger

Warnings: No explicit lemon, many mentions of sex (this whole thing is basically about sex), a badly written ending because I'm very nervous to be starting this new book, and yes. Shadow is herm. Alas, let's begin a new adventure.
•••

Sonic and Shadow were both snuggling together one early morning. Well, it was more like Sonic was spooning Shadow and said little spoon staring off into the dark space of the room. The darker hedgehog moved around a bit to adjust his position so that his hind end wasn't so close to Sonic's crotch. This made the blue hero murmur in his sleep and kiss Shadow on the neck.

For the past few weeks, the two hedgehogs had been sleeping together. Sonic saw it as romantic interest from his little buddy. But Shadow saw it as a quick and easy way to get money. He wasn't dumb. Sonic seemed like a very humble guy on the outside; Nobody knew where he lived, he always eats cheaper food, and has been wearing the same exact shoes for years now. Shadow remembers the first time he had seen a few signs that Sonic wasn't exactly who he seemed.

—Flashback #1—
Sonic and Shadow had just finished having an argument about anything and everything. The both of them had rage surging through their veins, but Sonic didn't allow his anger to show. Instead, he just sighed.
"Ya really are weird, Shadz. You wanna just argue and argue but no words actually get exchanged. And guess what? Silver is going to cry himself to sleep!"
The blue hedgehog pointed at the sobbing albino.

"Why can't we just be a happy family...?"
Silver croaked. Shadow was about to beat Silver up for using such an idiotic term to describe them. But something had just caught his eye at that moment. There was a strange shine coming from Sonic's wrist. It was a watch. But he doesn't remember seeing Sonic with one...

"This little thing with you and family isn't over, Pothead. As for you, Faker, I will never end this argument with you." The angered hedgehog huffed out and stomped back to his room. Everyone assumed that was the end of it. But it wasn't for the red-striped hedgehog. Later in the night, he broke into Sonic's room- Which was a difficult task because he had a lot of locks on it. But when he got inside, his breath went more shallow when he noticed Sonic was already sleeping peacefully.

Soft footsteps were made. And many like them almost woke up the hedgehog. But Shadow was able to get himself to the belongings of Sonic. He looked around in a few drawers. He found the usual; Pencils, photos...Certain magazines of women...
Shadow blushed for a brief moment but shook his head to stay on focus. He looked around for a few more minutes before finally resting his eyes on what was making Sonic's wrists shine. It was, in fact, a watch. But this one was won by a luxury brand- It was bedazzled in diamonds. The smaller hedgehog was confused. Very much so. Upon looking around, Shadow found that Sonic had a lot of luxury items; His boot buckles were made of pure gold, emerald earrings, and just everything. It was all so subtle yet not at the same time. Shadow eventually did hear Sonic begin to stir, so he quickly got out so he wouldn't get caught.

—-Flashback #2—
The whole crew was having a party in celebration of Sonic's birthday. This year, they had decided that they want to do a more fancy theme since he was turning 21. So everybody was inside a nice hall and they were wearing fancy Mobian clothes. Sonic was who had caught his eye first. Admittedly, Sonic looked...Slightly..attractive to Shadow. But he didn't allow it to show. He had been checking out Sonic all night. It was different seeing him in an all-black suit. There was something on his pocket.
And that was when Shadow's eyes shot wide open.
Sonic had a literal Trapiche Emerald casually sitting there out in the open! And nobody batted an eye at it! Not even Rouge! And that's saying something.

Shadow thought about it for a while...Sonic was practically made out of money...And for Shadow, money had been tight for a while. Gun was refusing to pay him for a while now because they didn't prioritize him despite his high status. He took a few considerations into account...And then he made up his mind.