Say my name

This story was requested by @Stary-Bitch ! I hope you enjoy and sorry for such a long wait!
•••

Sonic and Knuckles were standing in front of the dismembered body of a robot they had a mini battle within an alleyway. It was quite violent on their end; They had some energy from their last battle that wasn't dealt with properly.
"Dude...Are we murderers now?"
Sonic questioned. He looked at his hands, wondering if what they just did was the true crime.

"Uhh...Nah, man. I don't think so..."
Knuckles looked at his oil-stained hands. The two shot a look at the other that communicated one thing: We need to get rid of the evidence.

"You take the legs and I take the arms?"
Knuckles asked. The blue hedgehog stared at him with half-lidded eyes.
"Yeah, Knuckles, Buddy, there would have to be arms and legs for us to do that. Let's just take what parts we can get and hide them in my backyard. Tails wants some scrap parts anyways."
He began cleaning up the mess. Knuckles joined in and they snuck their way to Sonic's house so they could dispose of the evidence.

"Oh, Sonic, did you see Shadow earlier today when we were battling?"
Knuckles asked. His friend nodded in response.
"I sure did. Did you see how he was wearing a G.U.N uniform? Ugh! I loved it!"
Sonic made a low groaning sound. He had the biggest crush on Shadow and it was getting so hard to hide. The mere thought of being close to him was enough to make Sonic go crazy.

"You were checking him out?"
Knuckles worriedly asked. Sonic squinted his eyes at him.
"...Yeah? I think it's obvious I wouldn't mind putting a ring over his finger!"
He exclaimed. Knuckles scoffed.
"Why'd you ask me that? You don't...No."
His eyes went half-lidded as Knuckles nodded. So now they both knew they had a crush on the same guy.

"You know what? It doesn't even matter. Bros before hoes."
Sonic smiled at the echidna. Knuckles smiled back. But even then, there was a strange energy between the two.

"I need to go..."
Knuckles muttered out. He traveled to the front door, only for his hand to be grabbed by Sonic.
"Mind if I come along?"
He tilted his head. The two immediately knew what the other was trying to do.
"You think I'm trying to confess to Shadow, don't you?"
"What?? No!... I know that you're trying to beat me to him. But I need to remind you that I'm the fastest hedgehog around these parts. "
He squinted his eyes.

There was a silence between the two...
"I'm gonna do it first!"
Knuckles dashed away. Sonic crossed his arms and looked at a watch under his gloves.
"I'll give him a head start...Three...Two...One."
He launched at Knuckles' direction. The two fought rougher the closer they got to the G.U.N building.

Shadow was watching the two fight on the ground like a bunch of idiots. The only reason the two noticed him was because Shadow gave Sonic a firm kick to the head.
"...Whoa..."
The two whispered in unison. Their eyes goggled at Shadow up and down in his G.U.an uniform; A white shirt tucked into dark high-waisted pants, supported by a black belt with a golden buckle, and a cropped black jacket with fluffy inside, completed with the G.U.N logo on his left chest.

"What are you two staring at?"
He scoffed and placed his hands on his hips. Shadow did not look pleased by their childish behavior.

"You..."
They said in unison. Shadow blushed brightly and took a step back.
"I don't have time to be dealing with the foolishness of two lowlifes. See you later- And, Sonic.."
He grabbed Sonic by his chin.
"Don't do anything dumb like shattering the whole universe."
He harshly threw Sonic back to the ground.
"What!? Shadow, that was a one-time accident! You know that!"
He groaned. Shadow scoffed lowly and began walking off. The two couldn't help but stare as he did so. They soon got their head back in the game and they ran after Shadow.