Chapter 7: Who Could Deny These Butterflies?

Soo. I'm listening to the song "Hey There Delilah" to get in the mood. :) I have so much fun writing this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I quickly called him back, hoping that I didn't miss anything too important. He quickly answered and began yelling at me. He was obviously pissed, but I didn't understand why.

"Delilah, what the hell is your problem?!" I heard him yelling through the phone. "What kind of a person just does something like that?!"

"Woah, woah, woah. Calm yourself down and then we'll talk," I said as I hung up on Connor.

He called back about 2 minutes later. I stared at my phone for a few seconds debating on whether or not I should give him the satisfaction of me answering. I took a deep breath and reluctantly answered it.

"Are you done or are you going to continue acting like my wife?" I answered.

He quietly chuckled, but I could tell he regretted it because he cleared out his throat and immediately became serious. "Okay, Delilah, cut the crap now."

"What did I do? Why are you so mad at me?"

"What the hell did you do to Trevor?!"

"What did I do to him?! Don't you mean what he did to me?! You obviously don't know what you're talking about," I screamed at Connor through the phone.

"You broke his heart, Delilah! You led him on. You made him think that you were into him and then you just tore his heart out! What sort of person does something like that?!"

"He knocked ME down! He tore MY heart out. He called ME a loser. I tried to talk to him yesterday at the audition and he insulted ME!" I hung up and began crying.

Connor kept calling and calling, but I didn't care. I didn't want to talk to him. I didn't want to talk to anyone. My phone began vibrating again and I groaned thinking that Connor was calling again, but when I looked, I saw that it was Trevor. I groaned again and threw my phone on the carpet. I buried my face in the pillows and began sobbing into it. My phone vibrated again and I gave up and decided to just answer it.

"What the hell do you want Trevor?!" I snapped.

"Why do you hate me? If you tell me why, I'll just leave you alone, okay?"

I hate when people negotiate with me. I sighed. "Watch where you're going loser," I paused. "Does that sound familiar to you?"

He gasped. "That was you? Oh god, I'm so stupid. I thought you looked familiar. I'm such an idiot!"

"But what was that all about?! You know that had me depressed the entire day. When I saw you, I got excited and then you say THAT to me?! Not cool, Trevor," I replied.

"I promise you, I have a good reason. Just let me explain myself."

I raised an eyebrow. "I'm listening."

"No, I want to tell you in person. I'll pick you up at noon. I'll explain everything over lunch. Okay?" I sighed and hesitated. "Okay?"

He wore me down. "Okay, fine Trevor." I hung up.

I looked over at the clock and noticed that it was only 8 am. I decided to sleep for a little longer. I got comfortable and effortlessly fell back asleep. I dreamt about Trevor and I. He told me that I was beautiful and leaned in and we kissed. I woke up and was surprisingly a little disappointed that it was only a dream.

I looked at my phone and saw that it was 10 am. I decided that I should get ready. I ran downstairs into the kitchen, ignoring every word that came out of Tracy's mouth and gave my mom a hug. I poured a glass of orange juice and grabbed two granola bars.

I quickly ate and ran upstairs and into the shower. I quickly got dressed. I was doing my hair when I stopped myself. Why was I trying to look good for Trevor? I was still upset with him. It was 11:30, so I decided to just go on Twitter for a while.

~*~

I jumped when I heard the doorbell ring. I ran down the stairs and opened the door to reveal Trevor, who was holding a single pink rose and had an apologetic smile. I would've kissed him right there if I wasn't angry with him. My mom and Tracy both ran to the door.

"You must be Trevor!" My mom grabbed his hand and shook it. Tracy rolled his eyes and walked away. Classic Tracy. Trevor smiled. Oh my, his smile is just perfect. Shut up, Delilah, you're mad at him!

"Yeah, I am. Is it alright if I steal Delilah for an hour or two?"

My mom nodded. "Oh, yes! Go ahead! Delilah, you're finally having your first date!"

I felt the blood rushing to my cheeks. "Mom!"

"Oh, hush Delilah. Trevor, you might just be Delilah's first boyfriend," my mom chuckled.

"We'll see," Trevor said smirking as he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the door.

We began walking down the sidewalk together and I snatched my hand away when I noticed that we were still holding hands. Trevor handed me the rose and I gave him a small smile. He returned it and tried to take my hand again. He gave me a look, that seemed as if he was asking permission. I sighed and nodded. He smirked as he held my hand. This made me roll my eyes.

"Where are you taking me?" I was growing impatient.

"Shh, it's a secret," Trevor whispered in my ear. This sent shivers down my spine.

We finally stopped at a park. Why were we here? Trevor smiled and took off the backpack he was wearing. He found an empty bench and we both sat down. He pulled out two sandwiches and two bottles of water. He handed me a sandwich and a bottle of water.

"Thank you," I somehow managed to say. He had me flustered.

"No problem."

We sat and ate for a while until we were both done. He pulled a small container out of his backpack and handed it to me. I opened it and it was a red velvet cupcake.

"Trevor, how did you know that red velvet is my all time favorite cake?!"

"I asked Connor," he replied. "He also said that you'd never share."

I broke it in half and handed him half. "I guess I'm sharing today."

"No, you don't have to."

"If you want it, eat it."

"Thanks," he said.

"So Trevor..." He looked up at me. "You never told me why you were being such a jerk to me at the audition. What was up with that?"

He sighed. "I'm going to be completely honest with you. The producers told me to do it to make the show more entertaining or some crap like that. I hate being mean, but they told me that you knew that I was going to do that. I honestly didn't recognize you. I promise you that I'm telling the truth. Please forgive me?"

He seemed pretty convincing. I believed him "Oh just hug me already," I said with a smile and we hugged.

He put his backpack back on and grabbed my hand. He ran and led me over to a swing. I sat down and he started pushing me. I shrieked because it caught me off guard.

"Trevor!" I was shrieking and laughing at the same time. "Are you trying to kill me?!"

He stopped the swing and whipered, "Yes," in my ear. This gave me butterflies. Why is he making me feel this way? I never crush on anyone...ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! Happiness :) Vote and comment if you like it! If you hate it, then why are you still reading this?!