8 ~ "I had different intentions..."

Pain.

The pain was all you felt as you saw flashed images of your childhood reappearing like a clear day. 

Seeing Zenyatta's body lying on the ground, lacking movement, you saw your father laying there for a split second.  Ramattra stood in front of his brother's body. His chest was heaving, his voice stammering when he looked at you.

"I-I didn't mean to-" 

Rage took over as you gathered your magic to aim at Ramattra, knocking him back against the base of a statue of one of the Ancient ones. 

His body was flickering as part of his metal chest broke. The bigger pair of arms had left his body and he looked normal again. His body was slumped against the statue and he kept his spot there, watching carefully. His lights were flickering dimly, as had Zenyatta's multiple times to signal empathy.

You, in the meantime, sat beside Zenyatta, watching his lights flicker on and off, his body was sparking and his chest was torn completely. You held him close to you. 

"No... stay with me!"

Zenyatta moved his arm to place his hand on your cheek, his thumb catching the tears that escaped your eyes. He held his thumb up, the tear perfectly balanced as it started to glow yellow. 

"Gui---de my brother," He whispered. The vocal cords were already damaged from the impact.

You watched as the tear started to float towards Ramattra, and once placed on him, healed Ramattra completely. 

Ramattra looked down at his hands, then back at his brother, slowly standing up and walking over to the both of you.

"...to the p-ath of tran----quility."

You looked back down to see Zenyatta had dropped his hand, and his lights stopped flickering, now empty. You shook your head, sobbing quietly.

"N-no, you can't die..."

Placing your head on his chest, you cried for your friend. He was everything to you, and now you had nobody to replace that spot.

You jolted when you felt a large metal hand on your shoulder. You lifted your head from Zenyatta's chest to see Ramattra has kneeled down beside you. 

He was silent, his lights were dim. 

He was finally realizing what he had done. He felt remorse for killing his brother. 

As he should.

You dried your tears, attempting to take Zenyatta in your own hands, yet you couldn't. It wasn't the fact that you weren't strong enough physically, but right now you weren't strong emotionally.

Ramattra gently placed his hand on your shoulder, looking down at you with a small nod. 

You stepped aside and watched as Ramattra gently picked his brother up, walking in the direction of where you had landed the jet.

When you didn't move, however, still shaking as you tried to comprehend what was happening, Ramattra stopped.

He walked back, standing in front of you with Zenyatta in his arms. "Let's take him to your home, shall we?"

Hearing his voice, your head lifted. 

Ramattra saw how the stars reflected on your tears that rolled over your cheeks. He gently maneuvered his arm to allow you to link it with your own. 

You silently held to his metal arm, keeping your eyes on Zenyatta's face as it lay in his brother's arms. 

I think he would've wanted this...

Ramattra kept a slow pace, glancing down to see you observing Zenyatta in his arms. Ramattra looked down at his brother, too. He didn't want this. He doesn't know what came over him. Was it rage? Jealousy for his tranquility? Or perhaps just the acceptance Zenyatta would never truly believe he could turn to his side.

Arriving at the jet, you opened it and Ramattra entered. He lay his brother down on one of the couches, securing him with the seatbelts. 

He watched as you exited the jet briefly, yet quickly to return with lily flowers held carefully in your hand.

Ramattra's lights flickered a bit brighter to see you place them on his brother's lifeless body. He saw your care for his brother, and he also saw earlier how much his brother cared for you. 

After more moments of silence, Ramattra turned towards the exit of the jet, signaling his departure. "I can assure you, I had no intentions of these happenings..."

You raised your finger to your trembling lips. "Do you know how much he praised you...?" 

Ramattra was taken aback by your question, turning his head to the side. "I..-"

You shook your head, looking up at him. "He had such joy in remembering every memory with you. The snow accident with one of his orbs, the whoopee cushion he had placed as revenge. Your fight about who was right and how he was scared of the fact you might never want to see him again."

Ramattra looked down at the floor, as if ashamed. 

"Do you know what his favorite memory was?" You mumbled.

Shaking his head, he looked down at you. 

"Stargazing. He admired your ambition for counting the stars. He talked about your wonders for other omnics. He even talked about your ambitions for a better world for omnics, without realizing you meant manslaughter." You spat.

Ramattra chose to stay quiet, summoning his scepter, and gripping it tightly with his metal hand.

You huffed, another tear falling down your cheek. "And now you run again."

"You left your brother once and now you'll leave again as soon as he's dead. You'll forget him as you did years ago, won't you?!"

Then, Ramattra snapped.

"I never forgot my brother! I have done all of this for him and me, so we could eventually live in a tranquil world, unrestrained of humanity's demands!"

Biting your lip, you looked down and shook your head. 

"He didn't want that. All he wanted was to live with you again."

There was silence in the jet. Ramattra moved nervously, fidgeting with his scepter. "I fear I never have that chance again."

You looked up at him, remembering the small Harmony that he gave to Ramattra, healing his brother. 

"He gave you a chance just now. It's your turn to fill in the gap and do something for your brother. He deserves it. He, out of all omnics and people, deserves to have something done for him! And you know that!"

Ramattra then walked towards the door of the jet, and you huffed, closing your eyes. 

You heard the door close harshly, and you knew he left.

"I will grant your wish. Not for you but in honor of my brother."

Your eyes shot open to see Ramattra standing by the door, looking at you.

"You're staying...?"

Ramattra nodded slowly, walking towards the cockpit. "As much as I despise it, I'm afraid... I could never live with myself without honoring my brother..."

Relief washed over you, and you glanced back at Zenyatta's body again, knowing he was never to rise again unless the greatest healer would work wonders on him.

Your eyes widened with realization.

Dr. Ziegler...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:'))

Tearjerker, I know.

Poor Zen, he was the best.

</3