Chapter One: betrayal

Warning there is talk of physical abuse and bullying.

Author note: I have updated this books format to try and make it more clean and so I will be doing the same for all chapters of this book.

Astral P.o.v

Hey there I'm Astral, but my friends call me Az mostly because I hate my name it was my mother's choice, and she always told me that I looked like a star, so she chose to call me something that sounded out of this world it's kinda weird that she says this because I have always been told I look like my mother, so everyone would always let me know,"Oh my your hair looks just like your mothers" or "your eyes are as brown as your moms".

I hated it, I always felt less like a girl when they said this, now I say that my friends call me Az but for most of my life I didn't have any friends because I was an Eldian born into an Eldian family in Marley.

(this is what Astral looks like)

At first, life wasn't too hard, I felt loved by my mother and father and I did have some friends, but they felt forced being they were the kids of my parent's friends, and my family wasn't doing bad we had a home in the city, but maybe that's a downside too, as we are all Edlian so many people would verbally abusive or physically attack me for something I had no control over.

But I never let it get to me, that was until school started it taught me two lessons 1) children are nasty and 2) people who you trust may show their real colours.

My first day of school was hell I was bullied by almost the whole of my class they called me "Astrel" a female version of my name cause of how I looked or they would refer to me as she and her because of my looks, but they soon moved to calling me things like Eldy.

I remember this one girl who hated me the most, cornered me on the play ground and called me "devil ... My mom says your related to those island devils so your a devil," which was another way of calling me an Eldian.

After half a year of school, I received my first report card and it wasn't good I was doing terrible in all my subjects but to my parents, PE was the one they were upset about, I have a very below average in PE and this didn't make them happy after chewing me out for my bad report card they finally sat me down for a chat.

'Listen son, you need to try harder we want you to succeed but your not helping yourself.' my mother said as she bent down so she was at my level.

'Your joking, at this rate, he won't make it past the warrior exams.' My father stated as he paced passed the dining room table that I was sitting at.

'Mom? What's the warrior exams?' I asked her and she gave me a small smile as she patted me on the shoulder.

'It is an exam that tests to see if you can become a warrior, It's the one thing that will save our family, and the family of all Eldians if you make it.' my mother explained, and after that day I saw my parent's true colours.