part five: we accept the love we think we deserve

"hey-hey what's wrong?" said gracie stepping closer. she didn't even realize that adrienne had just realized it was her. she leaned next to adrienne and put her arm on her back, rubbing it back and forth slowly to calm her down. the music was still thumping loudly from the door next to them. 

"...that's a complicated question". she replied, still crying and sniffling up her tears with a scratchy voice.

"i like complicated". responded gracie with a soft voice. she knew how to comfort people, it was like her speciality. she has this unconditional love for her friends, and family, and fans, and she showed it, she genuinely cared for people.

"gracie are you sure? i mean- we haven't talked in a while and i don't want this to be our first conversation back talking to each other. and i don't want to vent to you, it's not fair of me." responded adri. she worried that she was gonna vent and rant about her life to gracie that was there for her, comforting her, but she was also angry and vulnerable, and she hated when people saw her that way. 

"adrienne please, it's okay, that's what friends are for. i'm here." replied gracie, resting her head on adri's shoulder. adrienne's body was leaning on the railing of the porch, both her arms in front of her, her head looking down, tears dripping from her cheeks onto the cement. 

"well for starters, i planned to go out with my friends and my girlfriend tonight and have a good time, i haven't had on of those in a while. but while i was a couple shots in of vodka i stumbled upon olivia making out with another girl in the bathroom."

gracie stood there, her head off of adrienne's shoulder and bent instead, in front of her face so she can see her. gracie didn't say anything, she waited. it was a bit uncomfortable but she kinda wanted that. for someone to open up to another as fully and emotionally as possible, uncomfortable silences are needed to fill the air. so adrienne kept on speaking and filling the silence between them.

"and the worst part about all of this is that i just knew it. deep down i felt it, this ball of emptiness, like a hiccup that wouldn't resurface. it was there. i knew something was up i just didn't want to believe it. and the thing is, i love liv so so much, she has been there for me always. i just wish i could say i'm surprised." then gracie spoke, 

"you know adri, the thing about humans is, we accept the love we think we deserve. i'm not gonna tell you that olivia is a horrible person, but maybe she didn't give you enough and that's why you had that feeling in you. and you thought you deserved the amount of love she gave you, so you went along with it."

there was a pause between them, but adrienne took a second to process what gracie had just said and responded, "i never thought of it that way". 

"i'm gonna find diana inside, come okay?" replied gracie to adrienne. 

"ok". adri to gracie's hand and walked into the club again, the music still thumping loudly, they could feel it in their hearts. she scanned the big room and spotted diana leaning on the booth, biting her nails. 

"hey diana, umm you should take her home, i'll call a cab." said gracie as she got closer to diana and motioned for adrienne to sit down at the booth. adrienne had still been processing everything. 

"oh gracie-uhh yeah of course." gracie nodded her head in response. diana went over to adri and sat next to her closely. 

once the cab arrived diana got up and hugged gracie goodbye, whom had been waiting near the two until she said goodbye. then adrienne got up and said something while still looking down, a bit embarrassed.

"gracie....uhm..thank you. really.". she said, now looking at her and going into to hug her.

"don't even worry about it. it's what anyone would've done". replied gracie, hugging adrienne back. 

"yeah gracie, thank you, we'll talk soon." said diana looking over at gracie. then the two left to get into the cab. 

adrienne wondered where her other friends were, probably talking to olivia, but she also wondered why gracie was being so nice to her, they hadn't talked in ages. she missed their friendship. and gracie was wrong, not anyone would've comforted her the way gracie had. 

✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧

🚨 AUTHOR'S NOTE: hope you guys like this chapter and i'm so sorry i haven't been active in forever, more to come! also if i made mistakes, sorry i didn't really double check. 🚨