*ੈ✩‧₊˚Chapter 1 *ੈ✩‧₊˚

Alina's POV

I could see the shadows swirling outside the shield of light surrounding the skiff and the Grisha tensed at the shrieks of volcra. The Darkling whispered, "You will do nothing about what is to happen, do you understand?"

I rolled my eyes then nodded.

"Good girl" he said smirking. I scoffed at this.

Then he held his palms out and tendrils of darkness began pouring out and a crack of thunder sounded, the fold expanding and the wall of shadows marching towards the city of Novokribirsk

"No! Aleksander! Stop! Those are innocent people!" I tugged on his sleeve.

He looked at me with a warning. "You promised."

"This is unreasonable! I will not help you murder innocent Ravkans!" I shrieked.

I cut the light shield and demanded Aleksander stop.

"Alina, bring the light back right now" he growled.

I looked over his shoulder and saw the Grisha looking at us as if we were a soap opera. Ugh. I caught the eye of an Inferni who looked like he was going to burst out laughing. If looks could kill, he'd be six feet under.

"Not unless you destroy the fold," I growled back, putting aside the looks of the 'audience'.

"Bring the light back or the tracker will suffer," he hissed.

I stuck out my bottom lip and pouted, "Fine I'll bring the light back." 

I threw my arms open wide, light pouring from my body, willing the light to come forwards. Aleksander frowned then reached over the tether formed by the stag's collar and made the light disappear with a wave of his hand.

"You think you can beat me Alina? Have you forgotten I control your power when you were too weak to kill it yourself?" he scoffed

"It was not weakness I showed, it was mercy, something you will never give." I hissed.

I concentrated on the power of the stag, how it had bowed before me, getting shot by the Darkling, the life of Mal hanging in the balance and the mercy I showed to those who had wronged me, unlike the General and felt myself pushing the invisible hand smothering my power away. The Darkling looked at me with confusion then tried to surround me with shadows, but I waved them away with a flick of the wrist.

Then I summoned the sun and exploded it out into the fold which was much easier thanks to the help of the amplifier around my neck.

Burning bodies of volcra began falling from the now clear sky. Everyone stared at the now clear territory that was once the Shadow Fold, a manifestation of the Black Heretic's grief when he had lost Luda.

"What have you done Alina?!" Aleksander hissed

"I saved countless innocent people and you from yourself," I looked at Aleksander, "you would've lost your humanity had you used more merzots."

He looked at me in disbelief then scoffed.

"Do you think I care about my humanity? It died when you ran away with the tracker boy" he snarled.

"The tracker boy has a name. His name is Mal and he is the best friend I could have ever wished for and you are nothing compared to him!"

"Do you know why I left you? I could have chosen this, chosen us but I didn't. Because you have not a shred of decency or kindness left in that manipulating controlling mind of yours," I retorted.

His quartz grey eyes filled with hurt and rage. I shrank back against the railing of the wooden skiff as he took a step towards me.

"The very Fold you destroyed was the only preventing Shu-han, Suli, Kerch, Fjedra and the Zemini from attacking Ravka while we were still recovering from the last war." he hissed

"If I hadn't dealt with it you would have used it as a weapon and murdered innocent civilians like you did with Novokribirsk" I spat

"Well it's a good thing you will never be able to pull off a stunt like that again" he smirked and snapped his fingers.

I realised his face was inches in front of mine. I saw Ivan in Coporalki red and black heartrender stitching move towards the railing I was backed against.

Think Alina think how do I get out of this one?!

I leaned forwards, his eyes flashing confusion, instinctively closing them, my mouth barely brushing the shell of his ear whispering "You may be a good hunter, but I am a better hider" then bent the light around me, my body shimmering from view. I leapt off the side of the skiff landing badly on my ankle, most likely twisting it. I wish Mal was here to help me...

"You can't hide from me, my Alina" he drawled with triumph in his voice, "your tracker friend will pay for this" he hissed with disgust at the word tracker.

"Find her or I will create a shadow fold on the walls of Os Alta itself!" I heard General shout.

  •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

damn our boi aleks getting jealous of mal

OMG thank you guys for reading to the end eeeeeee im so excited!!! this is my first ever fanfic and public story/writing 

i would probably be posting weekly to fornightly sry about the wait but this is more like a past time and i do this randomly lol

pls comment and give suggestions for next chapter (flashback or aleks pov)

love y'all and see ya next time mwah <3