*ੈ✩‧₊˚Chapter 2 *ੈ✩‧₊˚

oh geez.. time for aleks' pov... help me ;-;

in this story hes kinda more caring and less angy angy

 •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Aleksander's POV

A letter had come 3 hours, after Alina escaped and ran off to saints knows where. The envelope was dyed spotlessly in royal blue and had the Lantsov seal on it. What could that old fool want from me now?

I was reading the letter when the opriniki who delivered it was standing by my cabin door asked, "Um, General? Is there anything else you need?"

"No. You are dismissed Dmitri." I dismissed him with a wave of my hand and focused on the royal letter.

Addressed to General Kirigan, Commander of the Second Army,

It has come to my attention that the Shadow Fold dividing West and East Ravka has recently been vanquished. I would like you to take this opportunity to establish a new trade route for silks and dresses for the Queen.

To celebrate this tremendous occasion, I am hosting a ball in honour of this accomplishment 5 days from now. There have been rumours that Ms. Starkov has become infatuated with you. It would do you good to quash these rumours for the sake of your title and the humility of Prince Vasily as an alliance with the Sun saint supporters and the Lantsov royal family. They are to be married next year during the end of the Spring months.

Another aspect of worry is that the heirs might inherit the powers of the Sun Summoner, pass a message on to the Grisha to somehow find a way around that.

King Alexander Lantsov the Third, King of Ravka

That old fool! We are in no position to negotiate a trade route with West Ravka when General Zlatan is forming a rebellion against East Ravka! He dares command me like a low rank servant?! And marriage?! Alina is barely of age to be engaged to that slimy sewer rat Vasily!

I sent the Cut flying across the room until it hit the door and said door collapsed into a sorry pile of wood. The opriniki standing guard outside showed no reaction. As a good guard should.

I remembered Alina's words when we kissed by the lake, why do you care? Why do I care? Why should I care about her happiness when she caused me so much grief when she left? I sighed and left my cabin aboard the skiff. Part of me wants to leave her to suffer with the sewer rat as punishment for leaving me for the otkzata'sya boy but part of me would never do that. She is the light to my shadow, my soulmate, my love.

I wandered above deck on the skiff to see all the trouble my sun summoner has caused me. I must admit, it does look slightly better than before.

The last part of me wants to claw the eyes out of that dirty old man who dare suggest such a thing. I smirked and decided to go with this option. Oh, how I would make him suffer for his sins. First Genya and now Alina? This man was not fit to rule Ravka. I would rule Ravka with Alina by my side and the otkzata'sya begging for his life.

"Moi sovrennyi!" The skiff! It's under attack from General Zlatan!" Ivan rushed towards me on the poop deck of the skiff. I growled and started towards the approaching army, leaping over the railing and landing in the dead sands of the Fold's territory, just in front of the ports of Novokribirsk

The battle was chaotic, Inferni were burning everything, Squallers redirecting bullets, Heartrenders crushing the organs of enemy soldiers while Healers healing our own, Tidemakers were sending blasts of water towards the army, pushing them back. We were winning, as we should be. The pathetic West Ravkan army is just as bad as Fjerdans. Claiming Grisha are witches, and the Sun Summoner will ruin Ravka.

I scoffed. "Do you think this pathetic army of otkzata'sya will even dent the rank of our Grisha?

"Of course not, your Grisha are all mighty and superior to all otkzata'sya." He mocked.

I smirked, "You finally got something right in that delusional brain of yours, but of course, what can you expect from an otkzata'sya."

I sent the Cut flying towards the front line of attack, slicing through ten, fifteen soldiers but stopped short when I saw Zlatan standing next to a cage, I presumed, covered in a cloth. I scoffed and said, "Hiding behind the ranks of the army again Zlatan?"

"What- I- How dare you! I am just a part of the battle as that soldier right there!" he spluttered, pointing to a random soldier charged forwards and promptly got shot in the arm.

He huffed and turned towards the guards standing beside him. I watched carefully, readying the Cut. They pulled away the sheet and what I saw made my blood run cold.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Hey guys thanks for reading this far sry not sry abt the cliffhanger 😈

I am sry abt the short chapters tho sry I wanted aleks to have a chapter to himself

 pls vote, comment and shareeeeeeeeee and follow meeee

cough cough shameless advertising cough cough