*ੈ✩‧₊˚Chapter 3 *ੈ✩‧₊˚

Alina's POV

Flashback time BAM

"Let's give the people what they want."

I let the light bloom around me and the Darkling, wrapping us in a glowing sphere that surrounded us like a flowing, golden halo.

He looked at me and held out his hand, sending black ribbons of darkness climbing through the sphere, twisting, and turning. I grew the light wider and brighter, feeling the pleasure of the power move through me, letting it play through my fingertips as he sent inky tendrils of darkness shooting through the light, making them dance.

I sent tendrils of light swirling around his shadows, creating a beautiful display of light and darkness, then I formed a beam of light and aimed it at the spot in the ceiling where David had showed me beforehand.

"Just make sure you aim high enough, we'll find you."

The Fabrikators did find me, and the light reflected into a criss-cross of beams across the ballroom, then, on cue, The Darkling smothered the room in darkness and ended the display.

The ambassadors, Dukes, Duchesses and all the guests clapped and cheered, some falling to their knees, crying, some calling Sankta Alina.

I left the ballroom after escaping the hordes of people wanting to touch my sleeve, or talk to me and sat in the garden. I hated being called Sankta, so it was nice to be away from the believers, if only for a while.

A moment later, Genya, Marie and Nadia rushed over and immediately started talking at once.

I sighed in exasperation "Guys! Calm down and, please, one at a time!"

"You were amaz- "Genya began.

"That was so beautifu-" Marie started.

Nadia said, "Alina, the General wants to see yo- "

General Kirigan then stepped out into the garden and looked at me expectantly, I bowed and addressed him. His black silk kefta billowing out behind him in the wind. Marie and Nadia looked absolutely terrified, and although I don't want to, I hadto stifle a laugh when I looked at the two cowering behind Genya.

Kirigan had a mischievous sparkle in his eyes and raised an eyebrow at me.

"M-Moi sovrennyi." Marie stuttered before making a bow.

He ignored that and turned to me. "Come with me, Miss Starkov."

"Of course, General."

He lead me down a hallway and away from the ballroom, I sighed in relief and he looked at me.

"Are you okay?" he asked, in a gentler tone, very different from the one he used when commanding the Second Army.

"Y-yes I'm fine, its just the crowd." I stuttered.

"You were beautiful up there."

I could feel a blush creeping up my cheeks, then I realised we were in the Darkling's wing. He opened the door to the war room and said, "Ladies first,"

I scoffed and replied, "I'm hardly a lady," but entered anyways.

"General-"

"Please, call me Aleksander." He cut in.

"Aleksander..." I giggled. He looked baffled as to why I was laughing. I went on to explain, "It sounds so... ordinary. I've known 7 Aleksanders before you, and it certainly doesn't help that you look like a Vladmir."

He smirked and leaned against the map table. "No one has ever laughed at my name, and I doubt they would get away with it... however, they are not my little Sun Summoner."

I walked over to where he was leaning and copied him, resting my head on his shoulder. It felt... right, like everything in the world was perfect. He was my paradise. Like calls to like. We were equals. A Shadow Summoner and Sun Summoner. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer.

"About what happened by the lake," Aleksander smirked, and I glared at him, "No not the kiss, when you said I wasn't strong enough," his mouth quirked in suggestion of a grin but remained serious, "I'm nowhere strong enough to deal with the Fold yet, so aren't we giving the people false hope?"

"No, we are not, I've told you, you are my answer, and you are." He peered into my eyes, and I peered into his soul.

I blushed as he stared at me as he caressed my cheek.

"Aleksander..." I started. His eyes flashed with an emotion I couldn't quite understand. Greed? No, something more human, lust perhaps?

He lowered his face and pressed his lips to mine, far too gentle for the great Darkling, the Black Heretic, but for Aleksander, the scared boy, Aleksander, the

"Again." He growled, grasping my chin. Something darker flicked across his face. I said it again. And again. I said it every time he asked me, whispered between kisses.

His other hand tugged at the buttons of my kefta, "Why," he grunted, "is your kefta so hard to unbutton."

"You're the one who approved the design so you can only blame yourself for that." I teased.

"I didn't anticipate being in this situation."

Knock knock.

Aleksander glared at the door and looked like he was going to send the cut flying at whoever was on the other side.

"Calm down Aleksander. Deep breaths in. Deep breaths out." I patted his shoulder after turning to face him.

He grunted and put on slipped his kefta back on. "What is it, Ivan?"

Ivan glanced at me in the bed and said, "Sir, you may want to come see for yourself."

Aleksander walked back over to me and cupped my face, kissing my forehead, "I'll be back milaya," before following Ivan down the hall.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Srynot sry about cliff hanger but yall know what happens in the book so... not rllycliff hanger.