The Latest Catch! Part 3

The sun was shining brightly in the clear blue sky as Ren traversed through the Emerald Forest. He had gone on ahead to scout the area for any potential danger and Pokémon without letting Jaune or Cardin  know, nor when he will return. He had a feeling leaving them alone for a few minutes would be good for them.

The forest was oddly at peace this evening. The serene background of chirping birds and the slight breeze is relaxing. But these things only serve to remind Ren of how lonely he was. How disturbing this peaceful silence felt without Nora. Ren had his eyes closed while he walked, drawn in by this revelation.

Without Nora's usual cheery voice filling his ears, it became clear to the green-clad ninja that things aren't the same without her. She often spoke about the weirdest things; what a sloth could sound like, her favorite sweets, and the occasional knock-knock joke that more often than not made Ren smile. Just all kinds of Nora-like things.

The peaceful silence absorbed Ren in his musings until a new sound drew his attention: a river. Ren opens his eyes to see a flowing river in front of him. The setting sun shined along the water's twinkling surface.

"Just how far have I gone ahead?" Ren wondered. He was surprised by how distracted he had been that he doesn't recall how long or fat he'd walked. His pondering is cut off again as sounds of something being sharpened came from the left. Turning, Ren saw what had to be a Pokémon.

It's a bipedal reptilian Pokémon with a sturdy, thickset body composed of green and gray armor-like scales. It has long, sharp gray tusks with red tips protruding from either side of is mouth. Its mouth is beak-like, similar to that of a turtle. Its round eyes are scarlet red and the top of its head is green, tipped with a small spike. It has red claws on both its hands and feet, a long pointed tail with a red tip, and red specks on its gray belly.

Ren takes out his Pokédex and scans the new creature.

Fraxure, the Axe Jaw Pokémon. Fraxure lives alongside rivers to sharpen its tusks after battles over turf between it and another Fraxure. It uses its tusks only when necessary due to them not regenerating after breaking. It is very territorial and wild.

Lv 38

Dragon Rage

Dragon Dance

Slash

Rock Tomb

"Hmmm, the Axe Jaw Pokémon." Ren says as he observes it from afar. "Those tusks certainly live up to it's fierce and imposing reputation. It would be best to avoid them during battle, but who should I choose?"

Ren's choices were limited to only two, Meina and Lee. Both Pokémon are agile, but he hasn't used Meina as of yet. Lee was quick-witted and could climb trees with ease. Another factor he had to consider was that he hadn't traded Yang's Machamp back for his Golem.