The Dämoneneko

Legend has it that in ancient times, the two most formidable entities on the planet formed a pact, wherein they promised to keep their magical abilities exclusive to themselves. They were so powerful, that they had the capability to bring life into existence. However, as their creations came to fruition, they made a promise to one another that no other beings should possess magic like theirs. Unfortunately, this pact was eventually broken, and as a consequence, all the races were "gifted" powers.

Our story begins with a young boy named Dorian, nestled comfortably in his bed. As he lay there, his grandmother gently enters the room and begins to tuck him in for the night.

Dorian looks up at her with a troubled expression

Dorian - Grandma, I can't stop thinking about why Mom and Dad had to leave.

Grandma - A long time ago, our world was ruled by a mad king who had killed both of our gods. He ruled with terror for over 500 years, until a hero from our world challenged him in a tournament for the throne. The hero was victorious and became the second king, ending the reign of terror. Our current king is a descendant of the hero, and it is our duty to protect him and continue the legacy of ruling justly. Do you understand now?

Ten years have passed, and Dorian has grown into a young adult. He had a tanned complexion, with a medium build, lean and fit body. His black short hair framed his face, accentuating his striking green eyes. He was now ready to embark on the dark adventure that lies ahead of him.

Dorian - (No, I don't. His descendants have been ruling over us for 500 years, just like the mad king did.)

Old Man Roc - Hey Dorian, are you heading to Frank's?

Dorian - Oh, what is it, old man?

Old Man Roc is the tavern keeper in town. He is a kind and a friendly man, always eager to chat with the locals and catch up on the latest gossip. Despite never having married, Old Man Roc has always had a soft spot for grandma, and he takes every opportunity to inquire about her well-being.

Old Man Roc: - Is that wood for Frank?

Dorian - Yes, it is. I'm helping him fix his fence.

Old Man Roc - Ah, I see. Frank's a good man, but he's getting on in years. It's good that you're helping him out.

Dorian - Of course. I'm more than willing to lend a hand and do my part to help out around here.Old Man Roc - I remember your parents were so similar to you in many ways. Time flies, doesn't it? It's already been ten years since they passed.

Dorian - Yes, ten long years. But I try not to think about it too much.

Old Man Roc - I understand. It's not easy, losing your parents at such a young age. But you're a strong boy, Dorian. You'll make your way in the world, just like your parents.

Dorian - Thank you, old man. I hope you're right. I'm going to do my best to make them proud.

Old Man Roc - Please give Frank my regards, and be sure to say hello to your sweet grandmother as well!

Dorian looks away, clearly uncomfortable with the topic of conversation.

Dorian - Sure, Old Man Roc. I'll be sure to tell her. But I really need to head out if I'm going to make it to Frank's before it gets too late.

Old Man Roc nods understandingly.

Old Man Roc - Of course, of course. I don't want to keep you. But you know, it's always nice to catch up and hear about how your grandma is doing. She's a dear friend of mine, you know.

Dorian smiles politely.

Old Man Roc nods again and waves as Dorian turns to leave the tavern.

Old man Roc - All right, Dorian. Take care and be safe out there!

Dorian arrives at Frank's house, ready to help him repair his fence. As he approaches, he sees Frank standing outside, looking pleased to see him.

Frank - Dorian! Thank you so much for coming to help. I really appreciate it.

Dorian - No problem, Frank. I'm happy to lend a hand. Where do you want the wood?

Frank - Just leave it there by the fence. I'll start working on it as soon as we're done here.

Dorian - Okay, sure. Is there anything else you need me to do?

Frank - Actually, yes. If you don't mind, could you help me gather some Emint Roots? I need them for my wife.

Dorian - Emint Roots? Is your wife feeling unwell?

Frank - Yes, she's not feeling very well. I want to make her some Emint Tea to help her feel better. Would you mind helping me gather the roots?

Dorian - Of course not, Frank. I'll go get them right now.

Frank - Thank you, Dorian. You're a true treasure, and the future of our village. Just like your parents before you, you're a hero in the making.

Dorian smiles at the compliment, feeling a mix of pride and sadness at the mention of his parents.

Dorian - Thank you, Frank. I'll do my best to make them proud.

With that, he sets off to gather the Emint Roots, determined to help Frank and his wife in any way he can.

Dorian sets off to gather the Emint Roots, following Frank's instructions to the area where they grow near the forest to the east.

As he approaches, he sees three people standing nearby - the Grace brothers, the village chief's sons, and a girl he doesn't recognize.

The Grace brothers have a reputation for causing trouble, so Dorian is cautious as he approaches.

Karmine Grace - Who do you think you are talking to freak?

Girl - I wasn't talking to you.

Karmine Grace - There is no one else here.

Girl - Please , I'm just gathering some Emint Roots, like everyone else.

Cop Grace - Who gave you permission to speak, you little freak?

Dorian - Hello! Sorry to intrude, is everything alright here?

Karmine - Dorian? Why are you here? This doesn't concern you.

Dorian - Come on, Karmine. We've been friends since childhood. Do you remember when we used to play in the forest together?

Karmine - Those days are long gone, Dorian. This girl is one of THEM. She doesn't belong here.

Cop - Yeah, are you going to stand up for a Dämoneneko?

The Dämoneneko are a humanoid race with cat-like features. They have sharp teeth, like vampires, and glowing eyes that give them exceptional night vision.

Their skin is a deep red color, and they have a long, flexible tail that they use for balance and agility.

Their legs are thin and bird-like, allowing them to move quickly and gracefully.

They are known and disliked by many, as their demonic appearance often inspires fear and suspicion, also their history dosen't help.

Unlike many others, Dorian dosen't share the same resentment towards the Dämoneneko race. His family was killed by the so-called 'good' race, and he learned not to blindly trust or hate based on appearances alone.

Dorian - I'm just saying, we don't need to harm this girl. She's likely innocent. Let me handle it, Karmine. I'll make sure she gets out of 'our' land safely.

Cop - But...

Karmine - Leave it, Cop. It's not worth it.

Dorian looks at Karmine with the same determined expression he had when they fought as children. Karmine knows that Dorian is prepared to fight if necessary, and he doesn't like the idea.

Karmine - This isn't over, Dorian. And you know it.

Dorian smiles again.

Dorian - Thanks, Karmine!

After the two brothers leave, Dorian turns to the girl:

Dorian - Sorry about that, not all of us are like them, they're blinded by fear and hate. What's your name, if you don't mind me asking?

Lunadea - Lunadea. Thank you for stepping in and helping me. It's strange for me that someone who isn't like me would help.

Dorian - I guess I'm different. Here, let me help you. I heard you mention that you need some Emint Roots. Is someone sick in your family?

Lunadea - Yes, my mom is sick. I didn't know what to do, but I overheard some travelers saying that these herbs can help with her illness. I was on my way to gather some when those two brothers showed up and started causing trouble. To be honest, I don't even know how to prepare the herbs properly. I was just hoping to figure it out on my own.

Dorian - It's actually pretty easy to make. You just have to boil the roots in water and then let the mixture steep for a few minutes. The tea will be ready to drink once it has cooled down to a comfortable temperature. I can show you how to do it, if you like.

Lunadea - Why are you helping me so much? Aren't we weird to you?

Dorian - Oh, not at all. This is my first time meeting someone like you, and I don't think you're weird. I think you're beautiful, actually!

Lunadea - What?! I don't know what to say.

She blushes and wiggles her tail nervously.

Dorian - Haha, don't worry about it. Let's focus on getting you back to your mom so I can make her the tea. Then I have to hurry to my friend's wife. She's sick, too, and I promised I would check in on her

Lunadea - Our village is at the end of the forest to the north from here. It shouldn't take us long to get there if we walk quickly.

Not too far away, the Grace brothers are listening in on the conversation.

Karmine - They're heading north from here, huh? I told you, Dorian. This isn't over. Let's go, Cop. We have business to deal with.

Cop - Can't wait to teach that Dämoneneko a lesson.

Dorian and Lunadea arrive at her house, and Dorian helps her prepare the tea for her mother.

Lunadea - I'm back mom!

Selene - Lunadea, who is this? Is this a friend of yours?

Lunadea - Yes, mom. This is Dorian. He helped me gather some Emint Roots and prepare the tea for you.

Selene - Did he? Well, it's nice to meet you, Dorian. I'm Selene, Lunadea's mother. Can I talk to you for a second, Luna?

The girls step away from Dorian for a moment.

Lunadea - Yes, mom?

Selene - I'm just curious about Dorian. He seems like a nice person, but I'm a bit concerned about him being a human. How did you two meet? And why did he help you?

Lunadea - I met Dorian when I was out in the forest, gathering herbs for you. Some humans saw me and started threatening me. Dorian stepped in and helped me. After that, he offered to come back with me and prepare the tea for you. He's been very kind and helpful.
Selene: - I see. So you actually made a friend? And he's not just any friend, he's a human.

Lunadea - Mom! Are you serious?

Selene - I told you not to go out there alone. What if they had done something bad to you?

Lunadea - I know, I know. But I couldn't leave you here like this.

Selene - Well if you trust him, then I trust him, too. He does seem really kind. I'm glad he was there to help you. But you have to be careful, Luna. Humans and Dämonenekos races don't get along. It's not safe for you to be around humans.

Lunadea - I know, mom. But Dorian is different. He's not like the other humans.

Selene - I see.

Selene turns to Dorian again.

Selene - Sorry for that, Dorian. Thank you for helping my daughter and me. I'm sorry if we have caused you any trouble or misunderstanding because of our appearance.

Dorian seemed distracted by something.

Selene - Dorian?

Dorian: - Oh, sorry. It's no problem at all, Selene. I'm glad I could help. The tea should be ready to drink now. Just let it cool down to a comfortable temperature, and it will help alleviate your symptoms. Let me know if you need anything else.

Lunadea - Thank you, Dorian. We really appreciate your help. You didn't have to go out of your way to help us, but you did anyway. That's kind of you.

Dorian- I have to run now. If it's okay with you, I would like to see you again.

Lunadea - Dorian, I...

Selene - She would love to see you again, Dorian. Right, Luna?

Lunadea - Uh, sure. I would like that.

Dorian - Great! I'll come back to visit you both soon. Take care.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading the first episode of my story!