Wrong path

On a beautiful day in the summer, the cries of a newborn echoed through the halls of Ereadus's castle.

Ereadus - She is beautiful, isn't she? She has your eyes, dear.

Dolla - And she has your nose.

Dolla replied, smiling down at their newborn daughter.
Mangetsu was a beautiful child, and the newlyweds were so in love that nothing could break them apart. Only Dolla's heroism could change that. Dolla was one of the strongest shadowmins, one that everyone was talking about throughout the kingdom, and one day she was summoned by the king.

Ereadus - It's not too late to refuse his summons!

Dolla - You know I can't do that, my love.

Ereadus snapped.

Ereadus - Don't call me your love, if you really loved me, you would stay with me. With your daughter.

Dolla - If I stay, people will die. I'm not doing this for the king. I'm doing this for the people who look up to me. If I stay now, how could I look at my daughter knowing I could have saved people but I chose not to?

Her voice heavy with emotion.

Ereadus - Please stay.

Dolla - I'm sorry, dear. I have to do this. I promise I'll be back.

With tears streaming down her face she turn her back and she left.

But the promise was never kept. Dolla died in battle, protecting her king and the people of the kingdom. She was a hero to many, but not to Ereadus. To him, she was a traitor who chose the king over her family. His grief was strong, and he sealed himself in the castle for a long time.

Until one day, a mysterious man appeared in the shadows of the night.

MM - That's how you gain power.

Ereadus - Why are you doing this for me? What do you want from me?

MM - The world is about to change forever, and we have been searching for someone who has the potential to help us.

Ereadus - I won't let you take her.

MM - We have no intention of taking her. We want you.

The mysterious man disappeared into the shadows of the night, leaving Ereadus in shock and disbelief. Despite his mixed emotions, Ereadus did as the man instructed. He discovered his powers and delved deeper, longing for something more than just killing the king.

Mangetsu - Dad? Why do we never leave the castle?

Ereadus - Eat your food.

For years, Ereadus was obsessed with bringing his wife back to life. With his new necromancy abilities, he thought he was closer than ever to achieving his goal.

Mangetsu - Dad, I love the new dining table! I think it's cute, and so do my friends here.

Ereadus - ...

He found his wife's body, experimented on it, and resurrected her using his magic. However, what returned was not his wife, but an undead monster.

Mangetsu - I've been seeing more and more people lately. They talk to me and touch me while I sleep. I've been seeing the blond girl I've told you about more and more since we started going to the lab.

Ereadus - Keep her here, Mangetsu.

The more time Mangetsu spent in the lab, the closer Ereadus came to the truth.

Ereadus - It's time to wake up.

Mangetsu - I can't feel anything...

Ereadus - It will pass.

Analissa and Sammy stood face to face, ready for a fight.

Sammy - Listen here lady, I don't know who you are but if you stand with him you will die today.

Analissa sighed

Analissa - I'm sorry for what is about to happen, but he needs to help me. That is my mission.Sammy - I got my answer.

He unwrapped the chain on his hand, leaving it wrapped only around his wrist.

Sammy - I've had enough of you, old man!

He declared, ready to attack.

Meanwhile, the guards had rescued Dorian, Lunadea, and Ethan.

Ethan - You should go support Sammy now. I'll go back to the village and come back as soon as possible.

Dorian - Got it. Let's go, Luna.

Lunadea pumped her fist.

Lunadea - Yes!

Dorian and Lunadea ran through the castle, which was now filled with undead. They moved quickly and smoothly, destroying everything in their path until Dorian was suddenly hit hard in the face out of nowhere.

Lunadea - Dorian!

Standing in front of them was a man in a uniform that looked just like theirs, and he was holding a sword and a shield just like there was in the armory in town.

Dorian - Who are you? Why are you attacking us?

??? - ...

The man seemed to be struggling to speak, but no words came out. He charged at Dorian and Lunadea intervened, drawing her sword to defend herself.

Lunadea - Are you one of Ereadus's minions? Why are you wearing the guards' uniform?

??? - ...

Lunadea - Fine, don't talk! The world needs new heroes!

With those words Luna infused her sword with fire, she launched into a fierce attack against the man, determined to defeat him. The sound of their clashing swords filled the air as they fought evenly, with Luna swinging her sword with precision and the man using both his sword and shield to defend himself. Despite Luna's efforts, the man seemed to be holding his own. However, after a while, Luna finally managed to land a hit and the man began to falter. She continued to strike him repeatedly, thinking that she was about to deliver the final blow. But before she could, the man hit her with his shield, sending her flying backward.

Lunadea got back up but before she could start the fight again, Dorian stopped her.

Dorian - Look at him, Luna. You've hit him several times, but there are no visible cuts.

Lunadea - How is that possible?

Dorian - It's probably magic... Let's try fighting him together and aim for the head.

Lunadea - Alright.

Lunadea and Dorian prepared themselves for another attack, but this time they were determined to take down their mysterious opponent. Despite their precise hits, he still stood up to them.

Dorian - Luna, aim for his heart right now!

Dorian stopped time at the moment of impact and aimed for the man's neck, while Luna aimed for his heart. When time resumed, both blades stopped on the man's skin. The man hit Dorian with his shield, knocking him back, and then swung his own sword at Luna, who managed to parry the attack but lost her grip on her own sword in the process.

Lunadea - What is this?! Our blades can't even cut him!

Dorian - He must be using some kind of magical protection.

Dorian replied, struggling to get back on his feet.

Dorian - We'll have to find a way to break through it.

The three continued to fight, their blades clashing and sparks flying, but it seemed that no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't land a decisive blow. It was clear that they needed to come up with a new plan if they wanted to defeat their opponent.

Sammy and Analissa were engaged in a fierce battle, each trying to defeat the other. Ereadus watched from the sidelines, yelling instructions to Analissa.

Ereadus - Just keep him away from me! I will summon something that will surely help you in this fight.

Ereadus started running towards his daughter, and Sammy switched his focus to him. Sammy disappeared into the air, tossing his long chain towards Ereadus. Sammy caught one of Ereadus's arms, but Analissa pushed him away with a gust of wind. Freed from Sammy's grasp, Ereadus continued running towards Mangetsu.

Ereadus - I need you right now!

Sammy appeared in front of Ereadus

Sammy - You are not going anywhere.

Ereadus pulled out his sword and began wildly swinging at Sammy.

Ereadus - You know nothing, you impertinent fool! How could you know?!

Sammy expertly dodged each blow and then disappeared in a cloud of smoke. When he reappeared, he grabbed Ereadus's sword hand.

Sammy - I know that I'm not like you. And I will never be.

Sammy disarmed Ereadus and was about to deliver the final blow when he heard Mangetsu shouting.

Mangetsu - Mister! Don't kill my dad!

The unexpected plea shocked Sammy, causing him to let his guard down and get hit by Analissa's wind attack.

Ereadus retrieved his sword and swung it at Mangetsu.