Chapter 4: Christmas Eve

It's 7am in the morning on Christmas Eve.

Y/n POV:

I got up from my bed and got dressed into (make up ur own clothing) and went downstairs to see if there was anything to eat. I looked around the kitchen trying to find something that my appetite would want. But I found nothing. "I guess I'll just go out and find something to eat" I said to myself out loud. Then I heard a voice behind me, "May I tag along?" I look behind to see Mr. Scrooge looking at me while he was fixing his sleeve. "As much as I hate going out there during Christmas Eve, I'm afraid I have nothing tasty for us to eat this morning." He said while walking towards me. "Oh um sure you can, you know a place we could eat at?" I asked. "Why yes of course, there a bakery in town that I'm sure they'll give us free pastries since they own me a couple pounds...how many again?" He said while putting his hand on his chin. "Whatever I'll figure it out later, now let's go" I followed behind him with my heart racing fast, every time I look at him the more handsome he is, it gives me butterflies in my stomach.

Once we arrived at the bakery he recommended, the owner straight away looked worried. "Mr. Scrooge! I- I'm sorry but I don't have the paymen-" "Save it" Mr. Scrooge said interrupting the owner "I'm just here to eat". "Oh of course! Yes uh whatever you want is on the house! Payment for...not having the money" the owner said. I saw Mr. Scrooge look at me and asked "what do you want?". I look at the pastries and woah there were so many I didn't even know what to pick! "I- I'm quite un sure, everything here looks delicious! I'll just get what you'll get" I replied. Mr. Scrooge nodded and told the owner his order.

We both sat down at a table near the corner for two. I just looked out the window since I didn't know what to talk about. I tried my best to not make eye contact with Mr. Scrooge, if I did I'll be stuck in it.. "so you draw huh?" I heard Mr. Scrooge said. "Uh, yeah I do, why?" "I might of saw a certain someone in your sketch book last night" he said while smirking at me. I can feel my face turning red of embarrassment. "I- uh can explain" I said. "Yes please do explain" he said while clapping his hands together on the table staring at me with a grin "I- uhhh" I said while looking at him, my heart racing a thousand mile an hour. I can literally feel my face turning red. "Uhh-" before I could say anything the guy came with our pastries. "Here you go, enjoy!" The man said as he walked away.

Ebenezer Scrooge POV:

"So you draw huh?" I asked y/n. "Uh, yeah I do, why?" She replied. "I might of saw a certain someone in your sketch book last night" I said while smiling at her. I can see her struggling to find an excuse of her actions. Not a moment later someone came with our pastries. "Here you go, enjoy!" Said the man. I looked back at y/n to see her looking down seeming tense. I don't know why but this made me laugh.

Y/n POV:

My mind was going crazy I had no idea what to say! I got lost in my mind thinking of what to say until I heard laughter. I looked up to see Mr. Scrooge laughing?! "What are you laughing at!!" I said still feeling red. He continued to laugh, and I couldn't help but smile at the sound of his laughter and his wonderful smile. "You know, you should smile more often sir, it goes with you." I said while trying to calm myself down. Once I said that I can see the look on Mr. Scrooge face seeming shock at my comment. "I- why thank you y/n, now let's eat shall we?" He said. Now look who's embarrassed, I thought to myself.

Once we finished eating, we left the bakery and on our way to get out of town. I wanted to look around town during this time of the year. But I knew Mr. Scrooge wouldn't enjoy it, I bet he wants to go home or work. I can't let this man be miserable his whole life! "Mr. Scrooge?" "Y/n.." "I know you might not like the sound of this but could we take a stroll around town?" I asked while looking at Mr. Scrooge. "No, I am not going to take a stroll around town during this time of year" he said sounding a bit annoyed. "Please sir?" I begged "why not go yourself?" He asked. I pause for a second, I look at the ground we were walking on. "I wanna be with you that's why" I said while feeling myself blush a bit. "So, could we...take a stroll around town?" I said while looking up at him again. I can see him thinking hard about the question then he finally answered "Fine! I'll go with you..." I jumped with joy "we're gonna have so much fun!"