Chapter 5: Christmas Day

At Harry's house...(y/n POV)

It was getting late, so I told Ebenezer that we could go now. The look on his face was priceless, he was so happy to leave. "Finally! Thank you, I can't wait to leave and fall asleep." He said while getting up. "But we gotta say our goodbyes to Harry and Hela!" I said while seeing Ebenezer's face quickly change his face into a frown.

We walked around with me holding Ebenezer's hand and finally found Harry with Hela. "Harry! Hela!" I said. "Y/n hello!" Harry said. "Did you enjoy the party?" Hela asked. "Yes it was amazing, but we will be leaving now. Thank you for this evening!" I said. "Of course! And thank you so much for being Uncle Scrooge along, I'm so glad you came uncle!" Harry said smiling at Ebenezer. "Heh yes of course.." Ebenezer said trying to sound delightful. "Well then goodbye y/n and Mr. Scrooge. Hope to see you around often!" Hela said. I nodded and we said our goodbyes.

We walked out the front door feeling the cold breeze from the wind. I quickly put on the coat I brought and we continued our way back to Ebenezer's home. Once we went inside Prudence jumped on Ebenezer which made him fall to the floor, licking his face. "Ah! Get off! What got you so worked up eh?" Ebenezer said while trying to get Prudence off him. I couldn't help but started laughing. "Stop laughing! It's not funny!" He said while getting up. "I think she misses you Ebenezer" I said still laughing. "Hmph." He said "Missed you too" he said while petting her head. "Well it's late, I'm heading off to bed, I have work tomorrow in the morning". "Work? On Christmas Day?" I said to him. "Why yes, I have a lot of paper work to do, then the next day I have to pick up some payments people own" he said. "Come on Ebenezer it's Christmas Day tomorrow , at least stay for another day off work" I said to him. "Nope, you can take the day off for Christmas, but you'll be joining me for work the next day. Now goodnight y/n see you tomorrow" he said while making his way to his bedroom. I watched as he walked upstairs, instead of doing the same thing I went over to his sitting room and decided to read the book I had with Prudence beside me.

A couple minutes past and I realized the time. It was 11pm. Man it's late now for sure, I said to myself while getting up making my way to my room. I quietly went upstairs and into my room closing the door. I look at my bed and saw some night clothes. Finally! I can sleep comfortably , I'm pretty sure Ebenezer left this here for me. I changed into the night gown and made myself comfortable in bed. Thinking about how great today was...then I dozed off.

Ebenezer Scrooge's POV:

Bah! Humbug! I said to myself looking up at the ceiling not being able to sleep. I tried everything to go to sleep but I wasn't at peace at all. Maybe I just need a little walk downstairs I thought to myself. I got out of bed and walk towards my door, slowly opening it so I wouldn't wake up y/n. I made my way downstairs finding Prudence sleeping peacefully. Well good for her I said. I went to my sitting room and sat down on my chair without turning the fire on. I sighed and thought about the day y/n and I been through. It was perfect, it was amazing. Holding her hand was great. Her hand were so fresh and soft, I felt safe with her next to me, I felt at peace.

A couple minutes past and I decided to go and try to sleep once again. I made my way upstairs and stopped between my room and y/n's room. I look over at y/n's room and thought about something. Maybe she wouldn't mind...? Nonsense.. I said to myself. After being deep in thought I made my way towards y/n's room.

I quietly open the door peaking inside, seeing y/n sleeping on her bed. I went inside closing the door as quiet as possible. Slowly, doubting for coming in, I walked towards her bed side. I looked at her sleeping, why is she so adorable.. I went to the other side of the bed and slowly got on. Once I made it on the bed, I slowly cuddle y/n into my arms, trying not to wake her up. Once I had her in my arms, I put my chin on top of her head...I was at peace once again.. feeling the calmness around me. I closed my eyes and fell fast asleep...