16

River's PoV

I don't know what else I had to say or do for my mom to understand that all I need is my wife. We were just starting to fix our marriage. Inaayos pa lang namin tapos gusto na niyang paalisin ulit ang asawa ko? Why? Because I was devastated?? I was devastated because I lost her! That's what she doesn't understand!

"I can't believe he sided with that kind of girl! I mean... she left him! He was so messed up because of her! She's trash!"

"She's not!" I shouted to stop my mom from throwing her harsh words to my wife

"River"

"Ano ba sa siya yung kailangan ko, siya yung magpapatino saken, siya yung mahal ko... alin ba dun yung di niyo naiintindihan ma?!"

"Lahat! Why would you want someone who messed you up?!"

"I want her because I love her! We are fixing our marriage now and here you are trying to push her away from me!"

"Because she doesn't deserve you!"

"How would you know?!"

"I know! Nanay mo ko!"

"Nanay lang kita, ma. Pero hindi mo hawak ang puso at utak ko"

"River!"

"Not because dad left and did not come back, ttratuhin mo nang ganun ang asawa ko. She and dad is not the same, they will never be the same because she came back. She came back" sambit ko before storming out of our home.

Maliit pa lang ako iniwan na kami ni dad. I don't even know why or who's at fault. Pero hindi ako nagalit sa tatay ko. Unless I know the real reason I don't want to be mad at my own father. 

River's PoV

River's PoV

I opened my eyes and saw the clock. It's 3am. It's been weeks since I stopped waking up at this time. Medyo napaaga lang kami ng higa ni Xie siguro ngayon kaya maaga din akong nagising.

I am really amazed at how my insomnia has died down ever since we fixed our relationship. She makes me feel relaxed just by her presence. I really love her so much.

Nakatitig lang ako sa kanya because I can't even believe things will go back to this na... na makakatabi ko ulit siya sa pagtulog. Even though we've been sleeping side by side for weeks I still can't believe she's back. She came back.

She moved slightly and opened her eyes.

"What's wrong?" She asked concerned pero umiling lang ako.

"I just woke up out of nowhere"

"You're not thinking about anything?" Sambit niya caressing my cheek. Hinawakan at hinalikan ko lang yung kamay niya bilang tugon

"I love you..."

She smiled as she responds, "I love you too. Don't you want to sleep more?"

"I think I've had enough sleep, but I don't mind laying down"

"Okay..." sambit niya hugging me. Laying her head on my arm

"Xie?"

"Hmm?"

"Thank you"

"Huh?" Sambit niya lifting her head to look at me

"Thank you for coming back..." sambit ko then she smiled

"Thank you for waiting. Thank you for still loving me. Thank you for everything River"

I cupped her face and kissed her before she went back to her position. I just hugged her afterwards