Chapter 43

"Hey Mom!" I shouted, entering the house. "I brought home friends!"

"Good! Glad somebody around here is making an effort to join something." She laughed, wiping her hands on her jeans. "I was just making some brownies to test the oven. Anybody want one?"

"Love you, Mom!" Kyle shouted from the stairs.

"Oh, go back in your room and mope about Keairra!" Dad said from the kitchen. "I didn't mean take the brownies with you!"

"Is that your dad? His voice sounds familiar." Fallon said.

"He used to be a famous drummer. Ashton Irwin from Five Seconds of Summer?"

"My dad used to listen to their music. They were pretty good. And Calum was a good looking mate."

"Hey, kids." Dad said, as we moved to the kitchen. It was very spacious.

"Dad, Mom, this is Fallon, Jess, Nat, Nikki, and Beckett. People, meet Ashton and Dayna Irwin."

"Hey." They said simultaneously.

"Y'all are creepy." I said, eating a brownie. No, it didn't have drugs or anything. God.

"You have a funny accent, mate."

"Stop saying 'mate'. You say it a lot."

"I said it twice. I came to have a good time, but honestly, I feel so attacked right now."

"I'm sorry, Nikki." I said, hugging her. "Dad, can we go swimming?"

"You do realize it's ten degrees out there, right? Don't you think that's a bit chilly?" Mom asked.

"Are we talking Fahrenheit or Celsius?"

"Celsius."

"What's that in Fahrenheit?"

"Fifty."

"Damn. I didn't think it was that cold out there. I guess we can just hang out." I sighed.