Chapter 5

(Y/n) sat along the stairs, facing the front entrance of the school. She looked relatively normal, one wouldn't suspect she was mourning. Although he had broken her trust and heart, this doesn't mean their many years of friendship meant nothing to her. "I knew I would find you here," Megumi said as he sat beside her.

"Of course, this is my go-to spot, most of the time" she muttered while glancing at him. "(Y/n), Fushiguro, you're hanging without me?" Nobara asked as she walked toward them. Megumi glared at her, knowing she had followed him to purposely interrupt their alone time. Her smirk, which she sent his way, further proved her intentions.

"Not particularly, you can join us" (Y/n) suggested, gesturing to the spot next to her. Nobara happily sat next to her and latched onto her arm. Megumi's glare hardened as he grabbed (Y/n)'s other arm, causing (Y/n) to let out a sigh. She can practically feel the tension between the two, they're very obvious.

"Oi! What are you doing to the poor girl? Can't you see she's uncomfortable?" Maki interrupted as she approached the trio. "Maki! You guys are back from your mission?" (Y/n) asked as she stood up, shaking off the two clingy students. "Eh? Who's she?" Nobara asked, scowling at the new arrival.

"That's Maki Zenin, she's a cursed tool user, and a Second Year" Megumi begrudgingly explained. "Where's Toge and Panda?" (Y/n) asked as she approached the weapon user. "Behind that pillar, Panda is most likely trying to scare you. While Toge is too shy to come out" Maki said, while pointing at the pillar.

"Hey! Don't give away my position like that, now how am I supposed to surprise hug her?" Panda complained as he walked out from behind the pillar. "Bonito flakes..." Toge grumbled as he poked his head out, too shy and embarrassed to fully come out. "Panda hug! I missed you BFF!" Panda dramatically cried as he crushed her into a hug.

"BFF?" Nobara asked as she looked to Megumi for answers. "Don't bother, they're just really, really good friends. If anything he's a wingman. Not a rival" Megumi explained, earning a relieved sigh from the female. "Toge! I missed you too" (Y/n) said as she got out of Panda's hug and hugged Toge.

"Tuna..." He mumbled as his face erupted into flames, as his head made contact with her chest. "Alright, that's enough of that! We did not come here to be perverts!" Maki exclaimed as she yanked Toge off of (Y/n). "So, who are those two?" Nobara asked, gesturing to Panda and Toge.

"That's Toge Inumaki, a cursed speech user, he only speaks in Onigiri ingredients. And that's Panda" Megumi answered, causing Nobara to deadpan. "Just Panda? Are you not going to explain further?" Nobara grumbled while crossing her arms. "Hey, sorry to spring this up on you, but we did come here for a reason. Are you two willing to join the Goodwill Event?" Panda asked while putting his paws in a praying position.

"Goodwill Event? I don't know what that is, but I rule in Smash Bros" Nobara stated confidently. "Tuna mayo?" Toge asked, looking up at (Y/n) for answers. "No, she's not crazy" (Y/n) answered, causing Nobara to sputter in confusion. "EH?! I AM NOT CRAZY!" Nobara exclaimed while pointing at Toge, who wasn't convinced.

"The Good Will Event, also known as the Kyoto Sister School Goodwill Event. It's a competition held by both Tokyo and Kyoto schools. Where we show off our abilities to the Principle and Teachers, in order to increase our grade level" Maki explained to Nobara. "I fought last year, with Yuta, since we were the only two qualified to go" (Y/n) added casually.

"So, does that mean you're not fighting this year?" Nobara asked, looking a bit downhearted. "Whoever said that? She's still technically a First Year student, so she is still qualified. Plus, we need all the help we can get this year" Panda butted in, bringing back hope to Nobara. "Sweet! I'm joining!" Nobara exclaimed proudly, while Megumi silently nodded in agreement.

~~~

"I am NOT joining forces with you! Not a chance! No way!" Yuji exclaimed as he accusingly pointed at the curse. "Then, I suppose you prefer I adamantly pursue her. I will get out of this awful forsaken body, and by then you would have no chance" Sukuna retorted, as he lazily rested his head on his hand.

"You're just jealous I'll get more time with her if I said no! So the answer is still no! I'm not falling for your tricks! I don't care if you're evil or not, she's MINE!" Yuji exclaimed as he tossed a skull at the curse. Sukuna casually stopped the skull with his hand and placed it next to him. "You say that, as if I don't have other means of contacting her," Sukuna said with a smirk.

"Dumbass! Now that I know that, I'll purposely make sure you don't have the means to contact her!" Yuji cockily said. "Here is my condition. First, I get a minute to possess you, when I say Extension. Second, you will forget our interaction entirely" Sukuna said with a smirk. "Wh- HEY that's cheating! How am I supposed to compete with you and the others?!" Yuji complained.

"You should've thought about that, before refusing to join forces with me" Sukuna retorted with a cocky smirk. "You asshole... You've set me up!" Yuji cried as he tossed another skull at the curse. "It's better this way, I don't want to share her with you anyways. I was counting on you to refuse that deal" Sukuna gloated as he avoided the skull.

"How about this? A fight to the death, if I win, you go with my second deal. If you win, we do no deal at all. In the end, you'll revive and we'll get to see her again" the curse reasoned. "Ha! Deal! I'll smash you like a--" Yuji didn't get to finish as his head was sliced off. "Dumbass" the curse grumbled to himself, before begrudgingly reviving his vessel.