𝙞𝙭.

No matter your status, award show days were always chaos

No matter your status, award show days were always chaos. And it just so happened that Eclipse wasn't an exception.

Award show season had rolled around and the stress was starting to take a toll on Aerin. Just last night she had poured out her feelings to Hyunjae, yet some part of her tried to play her confession off, as if nothing had happened at all.

"okay everyone! Let's get going!" At their manager's call, all of the members filed into the nice van the company had given the group. They hadn't yet changed into their outfits and that proved to be beneficial for Aerin. She had felt dizzy the whole day and if a tight dress was around her waist, she would have definitely thrown up by now.

She acted as if it was nothing, but the throbbing in her head and the haziness in her vision scared her. This was one of the last things Aerin wanted, especially on this day. One mistake and their career would be done for. One stumble and the criticism would roll in. It seemed Aerin couldn't catch a break.

And yes, the company had released a statement the night before, and things had been quickly resolved overnight, but if Aerin were to have yet another scandal the day after, she and eclipse were doomed.

"Unnie, you're sweating a lot. . .are you okay?" Aerin touched her forehead, and she was in fact burning up. Her dizziness hadn't faded, in fact, it had worsened. But she couldn't crack, not now.

"I'm fine Yuna. Now let's go! It's our turn on the red carpet in two." Yuna would be lying to herself if she said she bought Aerin's reply, but nonetheless, she simply followed the rest of her members to the red carpet.

Eclipse was met with the members of seventeen finishing up their red carpet time and woozi caught a glimpse of Aerin in his peripheral view. Seungcheol did as well. He tried to refrain himself from reacting, but despite his efforts, a small blush appeared on his cheeks which he internally cursed himself for.

Her outfit suited her incredible well, but something felt off. Something about her demeanor felt off. Seungcheol made a mental note to ask her about it later.

"Thank you Seventeen! Now let's welcome kpop's next big thing, Eclipse!" The mc cued and Aerin took a deep breath before leading her members onto the red carpet. All she had to do was get through this fan service and she could break down as much as she wanted to once she was done.

Aerin had to admit, she loved her outfit, but the mix of the tight waist and her nausea, gave her the severe urge to throw-up, and the girl swore she couldn't have been in more discomfort. She just hoped no one noticed.

𝗮𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻'𝘀 𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗳𝗶𝘁

The girls bowed in-sync and were led off the red carpet

The girls bowed in-sync and were led off the red carpet. And the moment they reached their dressing room, Aerin excused herself to the washroom only to find herself throwing up violently.

It was a good 15 minutes before the girl was able to collect herself enough to stand straight up and not look half-dead. She even popped a mint in her mouth to take away the distaste and swiftly exited the bathroom.

"holy shit! What are you doing-" Aerin's mouth was covered and she was dragged behind a wall, out of view.

It was only then when she saw the culprit's face and she was met with pure shock.

"Jeonghan sunbaenim?" She was in pure confusion. They hadn't even properly met before, so why had he been the one to do what he just did?

"What? Were you expecting someone else?" His tease failed to make Aerin laugh as she still a bit startled.

"Let me explain. I saw you rushing frantically to the washroom and i assumed something was up so i waited for you outside to check up on you. I know we haven't met before, but you're woozi's family, so it was just instinct." His bluntness and sincerity made Aerin smile for some reason. They had just met, yet it seemed so easy to converse with him.

"And please, drop the formalities, just Jeonghan is more than fine."

"Sure, Jeonghan su- Jeonghan." She felt embarrassed by her small slip-up, yet Jeonghan found himself smirking.

She was right about her

"And about your concern, i'm okay" Aerin was definitely still not okay and struggling to look Jeonghan in the eyes, but she decided to violate her honesty policy just this once. She felt she had no place to suddenly just bombard Jeonghan with her problems when she knew he had to be on stage in 10 minutes.

"You have to be on stage soon don't you? Go ahead, thanks for your concern" Aerin smiled at Jeonghan who did the same as he back towards the busy hallway.

"Any time."

. . .

Aerin was reaching her breaking point. They were almost done with their performance which had been going flawlessly. To everyone else, it seemed like yet another great performance of their songs "Dumduhrum" and "Impurities", but on the inside, Aerin felt as if she would drop any minute now.

Seventeen who was sitting in the artist seats, watching their stage, also failed to realize Aerin's fake smile through her pain despite being in similar situations before. The simply clapped and sang along to the song while giving occasional fan service when put on camera.

The moment the song ended, Aerin had never felt more grateful. She was too drained to even stand, but still she dragged herself off the stage.

"Great job you guys!" The members celebrated backstage after Aki's cheer, but paused when they noticed their leader's condition. She was significantly paler than before, and she looked as if she hadn't slept in weeks. Hyunjae on the other hand seemed to be oblivious

"Hey unnie you okay?" Aerin nodded towards Yuna, but then in a split second, she felt herself falling. And then everything went black.

 And then everything went black