𝙭𝙫𝙞.

To Aerin's surprise, Seungcheol only stared at her with confusion on his face

To Aerin's surprise, Seungcheol only stared at her with confusion on his face. If Aerin was being honest she was expecting this to go in more of a kdrama climax type of way but clearly she should have thought that out better,

Both Seungcheol's expression and the deafening silence were making the 5 seconds he took to respond excruciatingly long. Probably longer than Aerin would like seeing as she not only expected the kdrama thing but also something along the lines of either "really? Are you okay!?" or "i told you! That's what you get!" 

Yes they're completely different scenarios but that was all Aerin's mind could process in a good minute without any added thinking.

"sooo. . ." Seungcheol started to trail off and at the mere sound of his voice, Aerin was starting to rack her brain on how he would respond and how she would respond to his responses.

"Is this about the thing with your food poisoning?" Well yeah dumbass what else would this be about?

"Yeah. She's been extremely off and avoiding me recently. I don't wanna point fingers but you may be right." Aerin avoided eye contact as she spoke but the moment she finished, looked up to see Seungcheol now leaning back into the couch, grabbing a grape from the bowl--which Aerin hadn't even noticed until now--on the table.

"And sooo. . . what do you want me to do about it? I was just theorizing-"

"I want you to help me find evidence." Aerin jumped to find Seungcheol choking on his grape and gasping for air. She contemplated going to pat his back but figured it probably was going to make awkward matters even more awkward. Of course if he dies right then and there that would be a problem but Aerin highly doubted that so she opted for watching him process what she said with a guilty smile on her face.

After Seungcheol calmed down though, he sat back forward and began to speak again as if he hadn't just had the reaction of the century. Vernon who?

"Help you find evidence? Look i'm glad I got you on the right track but my schedule is way too full-"

"don't lie your promotions ended this week and you have approximately two months of break time before preparations start again." At Aerin's words he immediately shut his mouth in defeat. Aerin 1: Seungcheol 10 (and counting).

"okay fine! But look we have to be sneaky-ish about this and we're going to need more chances to talk things out, but right now's not the time. I say we find whatever we can about Hyunjae including everything you know, Aerin, and meet for coffee next week. Be discreet though, because as far as we know we're just being superstitious and Hyunjae's only in a bad mood. There's a 50/50 chance this could be nothing and a 50/50 chance this could be something. And sadly, we have no way of knowing which." Taking in Seungcheol's words Aerin could definitely tell why he was the leader. He had a quick and smart brain which conjured up ideas and game plans in a matter of seconds. Not to mention the way he spoke was assertive. Aerin knew what his words meant were "you don't follow this, I don't help you" and she liked how straightforward that was.

"yes of course 100% thank you so much i'll get going-" damn what is with all the cutoffs.

"not so fast." Seungcheol's words halted the girl from trying to escape and she turned towards him awaiting whatever he was about to say. Although whatever it was, Aerin was sure this wouldn't be exactly glitter and sparkles. Wait- bad analogy she hates glitter.

"I'm only doing this for two reasons you know? Reason 1: You're Jihoon's cousin. Reason 2: One of my members has been fishy recently and since you seem to have the time, i need you to keep tabs on him. No i don't mean stalk him necessarily. . .but i mean stalk him. Anytime you see Yoon Jeonghan, you report back to me what he's doing via text. You get what you want, and I get what i want. Done deal. I'm not going to help you without anything in return, that's not how i operate.

Yoon Jeonghan

Aerin widened her eyes in surprise when she noticed the man Seungcheol's been weary of was the exact same sunbaenim she was iffy about as well. If his objective was to find out what he's up to, then this would be a walk in the park for 

It seems her family's wealthy fortune would finally get to be put to use.

𝘈 / 𝘕 !

Sorry for the short chapter but here's an update!