england v iran.

monday, 21 november, 2022

I was prepared for the games today. I had been requested to work at the England vs Iran game, due to my work and residency in London. Mallory and I were split up, as she was working at the United States vs Wales game.

I woke up late at 11 am, knowing I could sleep in a little longer since the game was at 4 local time. Mal got to sleep in even later, as the USA wasn't until 22 o'clock. I had to admit, I was sort of jealous. 

#1 bae fr 💗

hey babe! though i'd wake up a little early to call u while you get ready. call?

me

yes pls i miss my luce

I hadn't talked to Luci in forever. (About 3 days) It was 8 back in London, and I know she doesn't usually wake up until around 11 each morning. Her peppy smile instantly got me out of bed.

"Hey girl! I miss you so so soooo much." She said as the FaceTime connected. I sighed.

"I miss you even more. It's so hot here. My hair cannot handle it." She laughed as she set her phone up in the kitchen to brew some morning tea. I went to my bathroom and set my phone up on the sink. I had about 30 minutes to get ready.

"How's it going? Have you made any friends? What teams have you worked with? Have you met Grealish yet?" She started drilling me with questions. For someone who barely is awake at 10 in the morning, she sure was wide awake at 8. I chuckled as I started on my makeup.

"Slow down, will ya? I guess I'll start off with the most important. I met a girl named Mallory James from the United States, and we've gotten really close." Luci stuck her tongue out at the mention of the United States.

"Eww American? Girl you better have a good reason to be friends with her." I rolled my eyes at her comment. Luci had no filter sometimes.

"Well actually, she's very sweet and not like the American's you see on the tele. I actually got a little tipsy with her last night at a party." I put on my blush and tied up my hair. Luci's face lit up.

"Party?! With who?! It better be the England team." She sighed. I laughed.

"Actually, it was with the Brazilian team." My face flushed pink when I said Brazilian. Luci looked at me for a second, then her jaw dropped to the floor.

"You're telling me you may have met Neymar Jr?" I shrugged with a smirk.

"Hmm I'm not sure! Check my Instagram followers." Her picture on FaceTime switched to a pause button, and I heard a gasp as I changed off-screen.

"Neymar Jr, Gavi, and Mason Mount now follow you. Bloody hell! My baby has three boys fighting over her." I raised an eyebrow. I knew Neymar and Mason had followed me last night, but I had never seen Gavi's notification pop up. I scrolled through my older notifications, and sure enough, his following message was there the minute after we had finished our interviews at their training session. I rolled my eyes,

"Oh please. Like I'd have a chance with any of them." Luci giggled as she poured the hot water into her mug with the tea bag. 

"I'll leave you to get ready for your job today. Please tell the English team I wish them the best of luck. I'll be looking for you on the tele today." She blew me a kiss, then left the call.

I grabbed my AirPods credentials, and shoes and walked out to the elevator, which I took down to my cab.

"Khalifa International Stadium, please." My driver nodded, and we started our drive. It wasn't the shortest drive, 20 minutes from my hotel.