declan's room.

I walked into his room with a red wine hidden in my bag that I had stolen from the bar downstairs. Declan answered before I could even knock.

"Our star photographer! How we missed you at training." He said as he hugged me tightly.

"Dec, I can't breathe." He loosened his grip, and took my bag. 

"The goods?" I nodded, and he brought me inside. Waiting for me was Jack, Mason, and Jude. "I hope you don't mind we invited Jude. Perhaps you two could become friends?" I smiled,

"It would be my pleasure." I sat on Declan's bed, ignoring the mess of clothes at the top of it. He smiled awkwardly,

"Please ignore the mess. Mason's a bit of pig." Mason gasped and rolled his eyes as he popped the wine cork.

"I'm not a mirror, Deccers." He poured a glass, and handed it to me. "Cheers for a 6-2 win!" He gave everyone their glasses, and cheered together. 

"Just to warn you, we might drink the whole bottle. Coach hasn't allowed us to drink for ages." Jude whispered in my ear. I almost spit out my drink.

"So you're telling me I'm potentially getting you guys in trouble?" I started putting my glass down to take the bottom away. Mason grabbed my hand to put it back at my side.

"We'll be fine! One time we went clubbing a day before a huge match, and played hungover. Jude scored a hat trick." Mason said, then released my hand. "Trust me Trinity, you don't need to worry. Plus tomorrow we're only watching film. Southgate is giving us a rest." Jude refilled his glass which he emptied alarmingly fast. I took a deep breath. These were grown 21-23 year old men. They had to be thinking this through...right? 

Declan noticed my worried expression and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry Trin. We'll be fine. Besides, YOLO! Isn't that what the Americans say?" He said, breaking into an American accent. I sighed,

"Dec you'll never grow out of your American obsession, will ya?" Ever since Declan had heard of Christian Pulisic, he was determined to learn all about the American culture and history of it. Apparently Mason had been trying to get him off his "fetish" for years, but sadly had never succeeded. 

"I don't believe so. As much as it's an interesting country, I find it very intriguing." Jude rolled his eyes.

"Booring! England obviously is the best country! We have tea, the best football teams, the best cities, what could you ask more?" Mason nodded in approval. I took a sip of my wine slowly feeling more relaxed.

"You all are wrong because Spain obviously is the best country. Best food, football teams, players, basically the best everything." Jack threw a jersey at me. 

"Not true at all. Can we please talk about something actually important? Like learning more about Trinity since I haven't seen her in a while." I plopped down on the floor between Jack and Mason.

"What do you want to know? It's only 20 o'clock, and I plan on staying for a while." I said and took a sip.

"Your love life, duh." Jack said. "How did it end up with the boy...Joshua?" I stuck my tongue out at the mention of his name.

"Buckle up for a story, you four. Basically, when I was with Man City, Jack introduced me to a friend of his from his old school. We hit it off, and he asked me out on a date. Yes, his name was Joshua." Mason sighed.

"Already a red flag." I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. So we went out to a pub, and we both got a little tipsy."

"A little was an understatement. I had to drive them both home." Jack said while laughing. The others joined in. I cleared my throat in annoyance.

"Anyways! Josh told me he had feelings for me, and wanted to make it official. I was drunk, so I said yes. If I had been sober, this would not have happened. Fast forward a couple hours, I call Jack to pick us up and drive me back to my flat. Jack gets bad vibes from this guy, but decides to ignore it since he knows I want to find love. We get dropped off, and Jack decides to stay the night on the couch. I sleep in my room, and Josh in the guest room. Josh can't sleep, so he walks over to my room and um..." I paused. My face flushed tomato red. Jack looked at me, then decided to finish the story.