chapter 4

It has been 2 weeks since the incidents and now dazai isn't allowed near sharp objects, he also needs to have someone by his side until he is recovered physically and mentally.

"Hey, no.16?" "Yes hajime-San?" Dazai replied "it's time for your usual checkup, come on let's go."  Dazai then got up and went to the door while saying "Ok".

*After the check up

"No.16" " Yes hajime-San" "I've been meaning to ask you....why did you cut yourself ?" Dazai looked puzzled at the question but quickly regained his composure "why I cut myself?, well I guess its because I've been in the mafia for so long that I've never really felt loved or a piece of mind....being here is different though and I guess that kinda I don't know freaked me out? So I thought 'Hey, maybe if I do something to myself that the mafia did to me I will no longer feel so freaked out and I will go back to being normal.' Turns out it worked, pain is a good way for me to relieve stress although it could just be that I've been through so much pain that now I'm just use to it." Dazai said. Hajime then turned to face dazai, he was absolutely shocked. Dazai was so young and been through so much yet he didn't have some one to help him through it. 'Poor kid, if only he had someone.' Was the only thought in hajime's mind before putting him back in his cell.