two

The purple man had taken off down the tunnel, running strangely. It was at certain points where the examinees noticed him picking up speed. It was then that he spoke, "I've forgotten to introduce myself, my name is Satotz. I am your examiner for the first phase. All I require is that you follow me."

Noise of complaints spurred within the crowd, while Tsuno shrugged her shoulders. Seemed easy enough. 

Killua glided casually on his skateboard beside her, occasionally kicking forward with his hands in his pockets. He stared forward boredly, "You're moving to slow." He said with a drawl, causing Tsuno to blink at him. 

"Huh?" She said dumbly. The boy let out a huff, "It's weird trying to keep momentum while going so slow. I'm gonna head forward." He didn't give her a chance to respond as he sped up, navigating through the running applicants. Tsuno stuck her tongue out at his back before grumbling to herself. It's not like she asked him to stick by her anyways. But how dare he call her slow! Scoffing at the comment, Tsuno found herself moving faster, closer to the front. 

She saw people, exhausted, passed out on the ground. Some others looked like there were barely holding. She snorted a bit at the sight, looking down at the area surrounding her as she continued to move forward. 

It was then she saw Killua again, running this time with his skateboard in his hands. He was also running next to a new boy of similar age. He had dark green hair and warm brown eyes. He wrote all green, with orange lining his rims, and a fishing rod sticking out against his backpack. Tsuno debated lingering around the two, but ultimately decided against it and continued moving towards the front. She stilled her pace once she thought she was far enough, but was surprised when both boys began to run on either side of her.

"This is Tsuno. I met her a little while before running into you. She's also twelve." Killua began introducing her, seemingly continuing some previous conversation. The lavender-headed girl twitched, about to address him but her attention was grabbed by the boy to her left. 

"Hi! My name's Gon!" He beamed at her with a large grin. She squinted at him for a moment, something about him was so genuine, she didn't know how to feel about him. She settled for side-eyeing Killua. "Well you already know my name. Thanks to this one." She replied, poking Killua in the shoulder. He responded by pulling his eyelid down and sticking his tongue out, causing her to mimic his actions. Gon just blinked at the two. 

Killua and Tsuno bickered for a bit longer before noticing Gon wasn't next to them like before. Tsuno was the first to noticed, she craned her head backwards to see him staring down a man. He had spiky black hair with round glasses, and was wearing a blue business suit while holding a briefcase. Tsuno stopped as well, causing Killua to stop beside her. 

"What's he doing?" She asked, referring to Gon. Killua shrugged,  "I think that's his friend or something." She tilted her head. Killua walked to stand closer to Gon. He prodded, trying to persuade Gon to keep moving, while Tsuno watched from behind. It was sudden when Gon's friend jumped up, running fast with a new burst of energy, and almost running Tsuno over in the process. She steadied herself, listening to Killua snicker at her. Gon was beside him, holding his friends briefcase. 

The three of them sped back into a run, trying to make up for lost time. It was then when Killua proposed a fun idea.