eleven

They were now in the boat to Zevil Island, they had two hours of waiting to do. This information was being told by a young woman with short pink hair. She had the Hunters Association logo on the center of her shirt, showing she was an examiner. 

"My name is Khara!" She introduced happily. She had a light bubbly air about her. "All twenty-six remaining applicants have been granted an unconditional invitation to next year's exam. So even if you fail this year don't feel bad!" She said with a wink. "Please try again... next year..." Her energy was weighed down by the tense atmosphere of the applicants, causing her to stop speaking. She sweat dropped. Then left them to their own devices. 

Tsuno and Gon were sitting next to each other is a comfortable silence.  Mostly because Tsuno was taking a small nap quietly. Killua asked towards the two and silently aloud down next to Gon. 

They say in silence for a few moments before Killua addressed the elephant in the room. "What number did you get?" Gon turned to Killua and redirected the question. "What about you?" Killua shrugged, no verbal response. Both boys looked away from each other, another steady silence. 

Before they erupted in childish giggles. "Don't worry, you're not my target." Killua confirmed with a smile. Gon returned it,  "You neither!" Killua proposed an idea. "Wanna show each other our numbers at the same time?" Gon blinked, shifting to Tsuno who was leaving on him now. "What about Tsuno?" Killua huffed. "Wake her up." He said plainly. He reached over Gon and poked Tsuno in the face. Tsuno smacked the hand away, but remained sleeping. Killua snatched his hand, holding it gently. 

"Stupid girl." Killua grumbled. Just then, a sneaky grin appeared on his face as Gon watched confused. Killua stuck his pinky finger in his mouth, coating it in saliva. He then ripped it out and placed in inside of Tsuno's ear. A wet willy. 

The young girl jolted up screaming, trying to rub the nasty wetness off. "Ew, ew, ew! You're so gross, Killua!" Killua scoffed. "I knew you weren't sleep! That's what you get for smacking my hand!" Tsuno stuck her tongue out at him. Gon placed a hand on either friends shoulder. He laughed, "Guys! The cards?" He reminded.

Both of them grabbed the cards out of their pockets. They formed a small circle, preparing to show their cards in the center.  "Ready? On 3! 1.. 2.. 3!" The three of them lowered their arms simultaneously. 

Gon had #44. Killua had #199. Tsuno had #47. Tsuno and Killua's eyes were drawn to Gon's number. #44, also known as Hisoka. "You have really bad luck." Killua blurted. Gon laughed awkwardly, "You think so?" Tsuno nodded plainly. "Maybe the worst luck possible." He laughed a bit more, sweat dropping. 

Gon looked at Killua's card. "Who's #199?" Killua sighed, "You don't know either? I didn't bother recognizing anyone's ID number. I checked back at Trick Tower, but at that point everyone had already started taking off their badges." Tsuno perked up. She snapped her fingers. "Oh I know who that is!" She said proudly. Killua blinked at her, "You do?"

She nodded excitedly. "Yeah! That's one of the Amori Brothers, I think." Killua gave her a look. "You think?" Tsuno waved him off, "Also, I overheard them earlier at Trick Tower. They were pretty confident about this phase because they had "two little kids" as their targets." She made mock quotations with her hands. But then she grinned. "That means two of them are after two of us." Gon furrowed his brows in determination. Killua quirked a brow.