How To F*ck Up A Ritual For Dummies

"You missed so much work this week." A girl in class snickered to me. "I bet you were out with some kind of delinquent. You're quirkless, and a whore." She sneered, turning back to her desk. Other students around the classroom snickered and laughed quietly.

I glared at the freshly wiped down table and got up, walking to the bathroom. I closed the door and sped up my pace as tears welled up in my eyes. I shut myself in the larger stall, leaning on the wall and beginning to cry. All I could do was sob.

Yn~ I heard whispered in my ear.

I gasped and looked around, seeing the dark figure again. Just a shadow. It held out the list.

"What?" I mumbled.

Just wait until this full moon. Once you do this, I'll be able to help you. The whispers sung in my ears.

I wiped my eyes a bit. "I'll wait."

"Wait for what?" A girl laughed, banging on the stall door, others giggling with her.

I looked over to the figure, which was no longer there. I covered my mouth and sank to the floor.

"Come on loser, we know you're hiding in there. Ooh, are you sending pictures to your little toy?" The girl asked.

"What a dirty whore. Can't believe she'd think someone could fall for someone with a body like hers." Another girl laughed.

I started crying again. "Just go away! I'm not doing any of that stuff!"

"Oh yeah? Come prove it?" They laughed.

I glared at the floor, getting up and leaving the stall, watching the floor. My stomach started twisting horribly.

The first girl smirked and grabbed my hair, shaking me a bit.

Just until the ritual... I thought.

I'll be fine then....

*

"Why out in the woods...?" I mumbled, stepping over a small fence. I had everything in a backpack. I had the clothes, the candles, ashes. I'd waited and waited for a clear, full moon night.

A knife was required too....

"This seems fine." I sighed, setting my bag down and pulling the ashes out. I looked around and glared at the sky. "Why does the sun set so fast?" I murmured, laying out the pentacle.

Once finished, I set up candles just as directed. I sighed and pulled out the pure white dress I had bought. Nothing I had was white. I settled on something cheap, but, nothing that felt too weird or uncomfortable. One of the women at the store I had passed had mumbled something about children running off too early for marriage.

Yeah right crazy. What I'm doing is so much worse than marriage. I snickered to myself, looking at my reflection in a small creek that ran through the woods. For once I actually thought I looked a little pretty. It was startling.

I shook my head at myself and walked over to my bag, pulling out a knife. It was just a knife but it was the most important thing I had for the event.

I watched the time change to three and took a breath. I shut my phone off and stood up, gripping the paper of what I assumed was Latin in my hand.

"Ego, Yn Ln, offero manum meam hac nocte sub plenilunio aestatis, sun astra hiemis...."

The wind picked up a bit, blowing a little harder than it had been. I looked around a bit and shook my head, continuing.

"Principi-" I gasped as the wind ripped the paper from my hand. I went to step for it, stopping. I couldn't leave the circle until it was done. The candles were still lit. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

"Principi somniorum, mea suscipiat oblatio." I took a shaky breath, pressing the knife to my wrist. "S-sanguis virginis in albis." I stuttered out as blood trickled from my hand, down into the center of the pentacle. I wiped tears from my face with my other hand, the wind suddenly calming, the candles going out. I looked up, clouds moving in front of the moon. I stared and dropped to my knees, reaching out to grab the paper. I pulled it over and read the words I had to remember.

'Principi flammae'

I stared at the words. Where had somniorum come from?

I got up and walked over to the small creek, tearing up the paper and dropping it into the water, glaring at my reflection in the water. I started crying and dropped to my knees, sobbing. "Why?" I mumbled.

"Why did I have to fuck it up? Am I really that useless?" I yelled at the sky, curling up and crying into my arms, no longer caring about staining the dress. Why would I care? Why should I? I should've just....

"What's wrong love?" A voice asked. Nothing whispery. Nothing that sounded unusual. The voice of a boy. A calm and gentle voice.

Who... wait... someone from school? What are they gonna....

"Love...?" I spoke aloud, too afraid to look. It's a joke.... A prank. Someone set me up. The knife! They're!

I quickly turned, seeing a boy sitting in the center of the pentacle in a cross cross style. Freckles dotted his face, and bright green eyes stared at me with interest. Fluffed curls of green rested on his head too. He was wearing a white, loose outfit of some sort, like a kimono, but more layers, more flow in the fabric. The bottom of it had a dark blue line and fabric that ended it, small golden stars dotting the blue.

"Who...?" I mumbled. I'd never seen him.

The boy got up, chuckling lightly, a sweet smile spreading across his face. "How rude of me to forget an introduction." He said while walking over to me, holding out a hand to help me up. As he did, he kissed the back of mine. "Izuku. Hell's prince of dreams. And you, Yn Ln, have been accepted as my wife."

I stared. "Wife."

1000 words!

Hm, Izuku a dream demon. I think it suits him. A prince of stars and the moon, all of dreams. And hey just saying; my imagination of Hell is actually pretty interesting. I'm a monarchy person. I even have the surfaceworld and overworld thought of!

Ahem... sorry, I rambled, what do you think of Izuku so far? Even if we've only met him for... like two minutes. I'm too biased to be deciding that he's perfect...😶 But... he kinda is....