The Evidence//Part 5

Sorry, I slacked off for a bit, I was busy crocheting and just overall playing video games over the holidays, happy late new year to everyone, and I wish you all the best this year.

Chuuya POV

I walked down a hall. I was a child once again. I'd never known a childhood so how was I able to depict myself as a five-year-old? I held a plush butterfly and continued walking. The hallway was increasing in size, I felt as if I was walking for hours, my legs hurt, and the butterfly in my arms kept getting heavier, before I knew it I could smell a corpse. The smell was strong, I thought it was far away but I also thought it was close. I tried to move but I saw chains shackled to my ankles. I saw a mirror and saw my current face, I was crying. I looked in front of me, I was in Mori's office, and my feet were unshackled but I was standing in my regular work clothes. 

"Hello Chuuya" Mori said "I see you got my message to come to see me, you've been lovely, and very loyal until now, unfortunately, we have to let you go" 

"What?" 

"We have to let you go" his eyes glowed green and a plane came through towards him. I slammed my head against the bedframe and hit Dazai in the nose as I woke up. I was shaking and crying. 

"Ow! Are you ok?" Dazai asked sorely rubbing his nose before he wrapped his arms around me. I cried. "What's wrong Chuuya?" He pulled me closer "It's ok" he kissed me "It's ok, calm down" I started calming down in his arms. "Are you ok?" he asked. 

"Fine" I whisper grabbing onto his back.

"Can you loosen your grip?" he asked and I loosened my grip on his back. "Are you ok?"

"I'm better now" there was still such a lingering sense of dread in the room though. I didn't know where it was coming from but I could sense it somewhere. Maybe it was what unfolded last night that drove me mad into having nightmares, possibly. 

"Did you have a bad nightmare?" he asked.

"I- Uhm... yes, I did" I shook as I heard something smash. I saw Dazai also turn to look at the door of our combined room. 

"Stay here," he said pulling out a gun from his bedside drawer and loading it. We both seemed incredibly tense at this moment. He walked to the door before opening it slowly to make sure it didn't creak when something crashed in the other room. He shot before looking at me. 

"Get into the bathroom" he whispered and I scrambled up and away somehow feeling defenseless. I continue to hear screaming coming from Dazai and gunshots before it all stops. Dazai knocks on the door of the bathroom. "You can come out now, it's ok" I open the door and his eyes look red as if he was panicking a minute ago. 

"What happened?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, all I know was someone was here, I had to relock the front door, they picked their way in here, and they've left now, I'm pretty sure I got a clear shot of their chest if we have a look when the suns up we should be able to see the blood on the footpath outside"

"Ok, let's go see soon then" 

"It should be another while before the suns up," he said looking at his watch "Yeah it's just passed five am" I crawled out of the bathroom and shut the door behind me. In his bedroom, Dazai hides away the gun. With the light turned on I could see he had a bloody nose. 

"Your nose is bleeding" he turns to the mirror. 

"It is, I didn't know you headbutted me that hard, I just knew it was hard enough to wake me up" 

"Sorry"

"It's all ok as long as you're fine, are you ok?" 

"Yes, can you see yourself first?" I asked grabbing a tissue and wiping away the blood from his face. Once it was all gone I placed down the tissue and Dazai pulled me close.