chapter forty five.

Let it hurt — Daniel Saint James

NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS DID CYNTHIA THINK that her life would end up like this. Little Cyn didn't know her parents would split up, or leave her, and she really didn't think even a few short months ago that her mother would win custody. She had a few short days to pack her things, then, it was the end of an era.

She was going to live, sleep, and eat right behind enemy lines.

Her, Simon, and Bianca sat at the table together solemnly, not sure what they could possibly do from here. In this case, the system had failed them and there wasn't much to go on moving forward. Could they even fight this?

"It's not fair that just because they have money they can take her away. How did they even speed up the process this fast?" Bianca asked with a scoff, placing her head in her hands.

"I'm sure he paid someone off, it only makes sense." Simon locked his jaw slightly, he needed to be strong for those he loved so tears were not an option.

"So we prove that he paid someone off and get her back here where she belongs." The older Sari woman concluded, clapping her hands together.

She had been an absolute mess since finding out that Cynthia might he getting taken away and, now that it was real she was broken.

Cyn stayed silent, dreading every moment of all of this.

"I don't know if its going to be that easy." Simon sighed, shaking his head. "You know what? Cyn, don't worry about all this right now. Go spend time with your friends, you need it."

"But—"

"No buts, go. We are going to figure this all out." Simon instructed.

... but, would they really?

  CYNTHIA WALKED INTO THE EAGLE FANG COMPOUND with a heavy heart. She wore a frown as she entered, the boys having already started practice. It looked like they were discussing something important so, she quietly walked over, making sure to not interrupt anything.

"Cyn, hey!" Miguel smiled brightly at the sight of his girlfriend and lightly hugged her before pressing a kiss against her nose. "We were just talking about the All-Valley's."

"There's a new girls division, it's got your name written all over it." Johnny spoke, this being the only knew category he was confidant they could do well in.

Cynthia's heart dropped knowing she wouldn't be  able to help them, and her eyes drifted to the floor.

"Yeah its pretty much up for you or Sam to win."
Theo concluded with a shrug and playful smile.

"No, Mouth's got this in the bag, that's one category down, we just have to figure everything else ou—"

"I'm not going to be able to fight for Eagle Fang." Cynthia interrupted, inhaling a sharp breath.