chapter forty six.

You don't know me — Elizabeth Gillies

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME CYNTHIA WAS feeling utterly and completely alone. She sat by herself in the middle of the carpet stretching as everyone talked in their own little groups. She remembered loving this dojo at one point but, not anymore, not the way it was now.

She glanced up and watched Robby mentor the young boy she had seen him with days ago. The girl assumed he had taken on a roll of a teacher in a way, and although it put him in a different light, she still couldn't trust him as far as she could throw him. She was however interested if she'd ever see him the way Theo was.

If he was a good enough cousin that Theo went to jail for him, maybe be could be redeemed.

The Sari girl glanced up again in time to see Robby walk away from the boy and sit down on the carpet not too far away from her. He seemed distressed by whatever they were talking about, and she assumed it must've been important. Maybe it was because he was Theo's cousin, or Johnny's son but, she decided to ask what was wrong.

"The kid okay?" She questioned, pointing her head towards where the young boy was hitting a punching bag.

"Why do you care?" Robby asked, giving her a short answer and not looking the girl in the eye.

"Just cause we're on different sides of things, doesn't mean i'm a bad person." Cynthia shrugged her shoulders. "and its not like anyone here's itching to talk to me, figured i'd start conversation."

They both looked towards where Tory, Kyler, and their friends were staring at them.

"I'm not on any side." Robby finally looked at her closely. "I don't think you are either."

"So what's up with the kid then, seeing as we're both in the neutral zone." Cynthia narrowed her eyes, not letting herself become intimidated by the Keene boy.

"Anthony Larusso and his friends keep messing with him, he wants to fight them... and I told him how all that anger builds up but—"

"He doesn't wanna listen, been there before." Cynthia nodded her head. "He clearly looks up to you, just give it some time. Even if he makes a mistake, he'll have you to count on."

Robby smiled a tad, looking a bit relieved, he was about to speak again, when the "sensei's" came in to start the lesson.

"Class, fall in." Kreese called out, everyone lining up.

Cynthia stood in the back, preferring to be in a spot where she could see anything.

"Today, before we start our lesson, we'd like to introduce someone you all may know to the dojo, Cynthia please stand in the front row." The two older men, who stood in front gave her the wickedest of smiles.

She stepped forward and felt the glare of almost everyone in the room.

"Now, we have a very important lesson for everyone, don't we sensei, Silver?" Kreese questioned, his hands behind his back.