2: Secrets for Santa

Don't forget to vote! :) push the ⭐️ at the top or bottom of your screen :)

__________________________________

"You're in trouble." Sasha said, walking next to Marcy, who was standing in front of the ice skating rink. "Anne is mad at you." She said with a sly smile.

"Oh Newt, are they really?" Marcy's head jerked to face him.

Sasha laughed until he noticed Marcy breathing was becoming shallow, and knew play time was over.

"Hey, hey. I'm kidding. Anne was worried you canceled at the last minute, that's all."

"Oh." Marcy put xir hand over their heart and started to breathe a normal rhythm. "I didn't mean to worry them. I'm the worst."

Sasha waved a hand. "Nonsense. Anne has such a soft spot for you. They'll forgive you."

"Anne has a soft spot for you too, you know?"

"They give me a hard time." Sasha tried to hide her blush.

"Yeah, because you like it."

"Whatever Mars, this is not about me."

"Was your mama mad?"

"No. She just missed you."

Marcy smiled, "Awww, I miss her too."

"She insisted I bring a plate and a half of lemon pie for her bestie, Mario."

"Mario?"

"Yeah, Anne's idea."

"I like it! Awe, your mama is so sweet."

"I swear she likes you more than me."

"Maybe because I don't roll my eyes whenever she talks."

"Whatever Wu." Sasha looked at the rink. "You better not miss any more dinners or Anne will replace you as her best friend."

Marcy laughed softly. "We can all share mama."

"I guess." Sasha rolled her eyes. "Why are we here without Anne anyway?"

"Sasha, you do know we used to hang out alone, right?"

"Of course, we still do. We live together, you know?"

"Only for a few more days then we'll be on winter break." Xe said sadly. "You usually are at your parents' house a lot this time of year, so I haven't seen you much."

Sasha smiled softly at xem. "You can always come to my house during the break."

"I know." Xe said with a sad sigh.

Sasha smiled, "Hey, we'll live together again in January."

The crisp sky whispered against their ears as it got quiet. Sasha leaned over the rink watching couples skate hand and hand. The large decorated christmas tree was pretty, in the middle of the ice.

"Sasha, do you believe Santa would keep a secret if someone sent him a letter of worries instead of wishes?"

"He probably would tell the elves, maybe the reindeer, and of course Mrs. Claus." He shrugged, "other than them, maybe."

Marcy laughed a little before shaking xir head and looking down.

"What's wrong Martian?"

"It's nothing." Marcy looked at xir fingers.

Sasha placed a hand on top of Marcy's. "Don't give me that. We might only have been dating for a month, but I've known you for two years." She sighed softly. "So, I can tell when you're upset."