4: White (Elephant) Christmas

Notes:
QT stand for Queer Trans & is pronounced Cutie :)

This chapter is pack with holiday cheer, so take written or mental note to tell me everything, enjoy!

TW: Slightly implied panic attacks & Parental pressure.

Don't forget to vote !:) push the ⭐️ at the top or bottom of your screen :)
_____________________________________

Marcy would Facetime Anne  for virtual body-doubling whenever xe couldn't make it in person.  Marcy would either work on their own studies or play a game while Anne worked. Anne appreciated the company even if they didn't finish an assignment right away, it still motivated them to continue to work on it.

"Come on Anna Banana, you got this!"

"I know. I know." Anne tried to convince themselves, more than Marcy.

"Take a deep breath and start again when you're ready." Marcy smiled softly.

Anne closed their eyes and took a few breaths before opening their eyes to stare at how much further they had to go. "Marmar?"

"Yes Anne?"

"Say something to get me working again, please!" Anne put their head on the table.

Marcy thought for a second while nibbling xir lip. "Christmas is around the corner, and once you're done with your final paper, you can enjoy all the holiday cheer with me and Sashy, stress free."

Anne looked up with a lip quiver. "Yeah?"

"Amphibia-lutely, and you know you love Christmas."

Anne did love Christmas because their mom loved it;  However, the holiday also stressed them out more than they would admit. Anne loved hearing the Christmas story every year of how their parents moved to America from Bangkok on Christmas. That their families advised them to wait to travel somewhere new when it wasn't a busy holiday. Anne's parents believed their new home would be a gift to themselves, and their future child, they would have, so  moving on Christmas was perfect, they said. The Thai Go was open a year later on Christmas day, and Anne was born the year after.

Christmas always reminds Anne of how amazing their parents are, but seeing how hard they work every year, made them feel that they could never repay them, for all their love and support. So, Anne tried to be everything their parents wanted them to be, but sometimes no matter how much they wanted to be the ideal child or student, they just couldn't.

Anne looked into Marcy's kind eyes and told themselves that none of that matters now. Not when Marcy's encouraging smile was so adorable and their playful nagging was helpful. Anne just had to take one assignment at a time, and they'd be fine. Marcy's words repeated in their head,  you got this, you got this, you got —

"Okay, I got this!" Anne clapped their hands together and put on their serious face.

Marcy giggled. "You're so cute."

"Marmar, how am I going to focus when you keep making my face light up, hmm?"

"I will not apologize for causing that beautiful smile."

"Marmar." Anne buried their face into their hands.

"Okay, okay. I'll stop for now. So, is sitting at the kitchen table helping at least ?"

"Yeah, It's a little harder to focus in my room."

Anne finally finished their final paper after a few playful pushes from Marcy. They laughed to themselves while hanging up Facetime.

"What are you laughing about?"  Mr. Boonchuy said with a knowing smile, while walking into the kitchen.

"Marmar." Anne said with sparkling eyes. "Xe nagged me until I finished my essay."