3: Gingerbread Home

Note:

1. Don't forget to vote! :) push the ⭐️ at the top or bottom of your screen :)

2. Oum and Bee are still the Boonchuys Thai nicknames that they have for each other. Qadir & Xylia are their names I've given them.

_____________________________________

Marcy felt like xe were holding xir breath as xe waited for Anne to answer the door. Marcy didn't know why xe was so nervous. The last month with Anne had been amazing and Marcy wanted more dates, of course xe did, but even though it was chilly outside, Marcy found xemself starting to sweat. The door swung open and before Marcy could process the person in front of xem they leap toward xem.

"Marmar!" Anne wrapped their arms around xem, "I missed you so much!"

"Oh, I missed you too." Marcy returned the hug and squeezed a little tighter.

They stood in the doorway wrapped in each other's embrace until they finally broke apart. Anne gestured for Marcy to come in and xe did so.

"I'm so glad you came over." Anne walked over to their kitchen while Macy followed behind.

"Thanks for having me." Marcy looked down at xir feet.

Anne smiled softly, "Marcy, you're always welcome."

Marcy looked up and smiled at all the flour on their date's face, bandana, and apron. "Are your parents home?"

"No, they're working at the restaurant late today."

"Oh, you're not working with them?"

"No, I sort of have an essay due."

"Do you want help?"

"Yeah, but not now."

"Anne." Marcy said concerned.

"Don't worry Marmar. I'll get to it."

"Can I be here without your parents?"

"Yeah, they trust me." Anne smiled gently.

Marcy walked beside Anne "Well, what are you doing now?"

"I'm just making a gingerbread home." Anne wiped a little bit of the flour off their face leaving so much more behind.

"Gingerbread home not a gingerbread house?"

"You know the saying, home is where the heart is ?"

Marcy nodded, "yes, of course."

"Well, I wanted to give my gingerbread people a home to fill with love."

"Anne, you are the cutest." Marcy walked next to them.

"I notice most people who make these don't make the people, so it's just an empty house. So, I thought making the people filled with love would add heart...making their house a home."

"You made all this from scratch?"

"Yeah, no store bought houses for my gingerbread people." They smiled, "Handmade homes instead."

"I didn't know you like to bake?"

"I prefer to cook, but I'm no stranger to baking.

"Interesting. I prefer to bake, but can cook if I have to."

"Sounds like we complement each other."

"We do." Marcy smiled softly.

Anne giggled to themselves "You know -" They shook their head. "Never mind."