Chapter Nine - What Am I Doing

- Hayley -

◽️

Anger is pumping around my body. My thoughts are running ballistic. I've just punched some random douchebag in the face because he had his hands all over Blake and wouldn't let go. How fucking dare he do this to her. What the actual fuck.

As soon as I heard her screams in the distance, I practically sprinted over to find out what was going on and didn't hesitate to swing my fist at him. The anger and disgust I felt, seeing him grip onto her the way he did, despite her begging him to let go. I don't even want to imagine what could've happened if I didn't hear her shouts, the thought makes me feel sick to my stomach.

My fist is absolutely throbbing from the force of the hit, but I don't care. I don't regret hitting him and I could never, not for a second. And I'll gladly do it again if I need to. Nobody deserves to be hurt like that, not Blake, not anyone.

I can feel Blake looking over at me, but I haven't turned to face her yet. My eyes are still glaring daggers at this bastard who's now managed to push himself off the wall and stand up straight. There is no way I'm letting him come anywhere near her again, no matter what.

"What the fuck is wrong with you." He curses out in pain.

I take a step forward to show him that I'm not afraid of him, because I'm not. Not when Blake is here and I am this angry. "Get the fuck out of here," I demand, my whole body burning with anger. I'm squeezing my fists so tightly.

He hesitates for a second, darting his eyes between us, panting loudly in anger and pain. For a moment I'm unsure of what he's going to do, but to my relief he eventually turns around and begins treading off into the distance. My eyes stay stuck on him until he disappears into the darkness and is out of sight.

"Hayley-"

"Are you okay?" I gently ask, but the anger can still be heard in my voice. I turn my head to face her. She still looks a bit in shock but I can no longer hear her heavy breathing, which eases me a bit.

She nods gently. "Yeah, I'm okay."

"Are you sure." I ask again, in a calmer tone.

"Yeah," she smiles. "I promise."

I nod back and we hold strong eye contact for a few seconds, taking in the situation. This is the girl I hate and I've just busted my hand for her. I obviously had no doubt in my mind that it was what I needed to do, but it still doesn't make this situation any less weirder. Especially after everything she's done to fuck up my life.

"You should go home Blake." I say, drawing my eyes away from her.

"What?" She queries, confused.

I feel bad, I do, but I need to get home. Besides what else can I do for her? I'm not her friend, in fact I'm very far from it. I can tell that she's cold as well, standing in just her short red dress, and I know it's definitely not a good idea for her to go back to the party after all that's just happened.

"Go home, don't stay out here by yourself."

My eyes meet hers again and I watch her emotions change as she clicks on that I'm about to leave her. I feel the guilt in my stomach instantly, like a warning to stay with her, but I don't know what else I'm supposed to do. She should go be with her family, confide in people that actually care about her. Tonight doesn't change our hatred, even if right now I do feel sorry for her. I can't be a different person for her, so I begin to turn to walk away.

"You were out here by yourself?" She questions, stopping me from moving any further. She almost sounds like she's arguing back with me, which is amusing considering the situation. Of course I wasn't going to get away from her that easily. This is still Blake Hilton.