51 | a fucking tank

51; A FUCKING TANK
(season four, episode eight)

THREE DAYS HAD passed since Freya and Beth became

THREE DAYS HAD passed since Freya and Beth became... acquainted and despite the suddenness of it all, they couldn't get enough of each other. Freya had taken Beth's words about time to heart, how precious it was and how unpredictable. Every day should count for something. Today would be a morning spent with Beth, an afternoon with Judith and a night with Carl. That was a day she was comfortable dying on. That was right.

Freya's knees were on either side of Beth's hips, lips attached to the Blonde's. It was strange really, four days ago she hadn't even had her first kiss and now here she was, lips more or less permanently attached to Beth's never wanting to separate. It was a new way of being close to each other, and Freya was basking in the feeling that it gave her. Swollen lips and a permanent smile was her new resting face and honestly, she wouldn't change it for the world. Everything was perfect.

"Wait." Beth pushed Freya's shoulders lightly, temporarily separating their lips. "When are you gonna tell your dad?"

Freya's eyebrows almost shot off her head. "You're thinking about my dad right now?"

"Well..." Beth failed to come up with a deflection she simply sighed instead. "Kind of. Not in a weird way but you haven't told him. I can't tell Maggie until you tell him and we're in here with a dresser barricading the door. I don't wanna hide."

Freya climbed off of Beth, sitting on the mattress instead. "It's not hiding. I just can't find the right time, you know? I figured one day he'll just see us and then he'll know."

"Daddy asked me outright," Beth told Freya, a small smile forming on her lips at the memory of it. "I tried to lie to him 'cause he's been preaching the bible to me my whole life but he just smiled and said 'given the state of the world, I think god has plenty of other things to busy himself worrying about' and that was it."

Freya pressed her hand against her mouth, stifling her laugh. "Well, I mean he's got a point. My mom was fine with it, actually, she encouraged me to do something about it. Sort of wish she could've seen it."

Beth took Freya's hand into her own, entwining their fingers together. "Maybe she can."

"It's a nice thou-"

Before Freya could finish her sentence, the walls around them shook. Dust fell from the ceiling and screams broke out from below.

They were under attack.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

CARL AND MAGGIE met Freya and Beth in the hallway, the two sets of siblings clustered together as they ran outside to see what - or rather, who - awaited them. Freya's hand clutched her machete, she hadn't dropped anything since the attack on cellblock D but she hadn't been other much stress since then either. If she fucked up, Carl would die, Beth would and her dad... everyone. She gripped her weapon tightly, mentally telling herself she could not fuck up.