Chapter 13

The weather is good

The weather is good. I feel that the evening will be superb. And I am in great company. Dani drives very carefully. I do not fail to tell him.

"You drive well."

"Of course, I have a real diamond on board."

"Hey, you're getting better at flirting!"

We laugh. He has a sense of humor. He scores points. We finally arrive at our destination: a hyped restaurant. And yet, as we cross the street, on his arm, the first thing that catches my eye is not the restaurant's front. It's not the lights or the passers-by walking in love either. No. My eyes land on a small store: a sex shop. I do not know why. Maybe because it arouses my curiosity. In a second, it spices up this evening a little... boring.

With my old jeans and my tank top I look a bit out of place but Dani doesn't seem to mind. To tell the truth, he is not so well dressed either. He chats with a waiter and we are led to a reserved table. I sit down but something bothers me a little.

"Weren't we just supposed to have a drink?"

"Yes, we were, but... I was a little peckish. Didn't you?

"Yes, I was. But I didn't expect you to make a reservation at such a fancy place."

"You don't like it?"

"No...well, yes. Forget it.""

It's delicate. Truth be told, I prefer small dinners at home. But you have to know me well to know that. That's why I need to talk to Dani more. How can he know so much about me if I don't give him a chance? He can't. Today, I'm writing a new page in my chaotic love life. Dani is nice. That's what I need. For once, I'm not going to listen to my foolish heart. He's created nothing but problems for me. The latest find: my art teacher with the beautiful pink lips. I spent so much time imagining him, alone with me in the room.

Then he goes behind my back, while I sit on my stool, busy painting. His fingers caress my back. He pretends to listen to me but instead thinks of all the depraved and humiliating things he wants to do to me. And although I am afraid, I offer him my body. Why? To please him. To fulfill his darkest desires.

"Jess!"

I come back to reality.

"Huh?!"

"Have you chosen your starter? They've got a gorgeous raw vegetable salad. I recommend it."

"Oh, good."

What am I doing here?

"We'll get you two and..."

"I have to smoke!"

It's the only excuse I can think of. I get up, grab my bag and head for the exit door. I run so fast that I almost bump into a girl in high heels. But I was suffocating. Nothing was going right. I'm just being silly, as usual. I'm just giving Dani false hope. He's a nice guy. He doesn't deserve this. And yet, I'm ready to go back and flash him my fakest smile, if it keeps me from facing the truth. I'm dying to write to Seth. But what could I possibly say to him anyway? He only wants to hear one thing: 'Yes, I want to be your submissive'. But I can't.