Seven

(Unedited)

Finally I had made it to the other side. I stared at the sleeping Steve and I could feel my face heat up. "Oh my god he's so cute sleeping- wait no what am I thinking?!" I shake him gently to wake him up and we continue down the hall to the final room of this chaos.

Collin's POV

As we get closer to the final room, we spot a sign.

"If you read this, this is the final room. Then you can finally enter the stronghold, and see your reward." I read out loud with an excited gasp, "We're so close I can taste freedom! Come on we need to hurry!" I cheer running into the room quickly. Steve chuckled and started to get red. I was a little concerned that he might be getting sick or something but I ignored it and kept running.

I got to the final puzzle room and sat down to catch my breath quickly. It takes a few minutes for Steve to catch up to me, and when he does he chuckles at me sitting on the floor. I playfully glare at him before standing up and looking around at the puzzle. This one seemed much easier than the last one. It was a simple sorting puzzle. Of course using redstone and an arrow in an item frame, but still. It shouldn't be that hard. I flicked it a couple times hearing a few ticks and movements, and realized this was so much harder than I thought. I saw items start to pile up in a tube and I started to panic. I flipped the arrow several times in hopes it would make things stop piling up, but it barely worked.

~time skip~

"How much food do we have left Steve..." I grumbled nearly giving up on this. He checked his bag and let out a shaky sigh.

"Not much man. I don't know if we're getting out of here..." he looked away sadly. My eyes widen slightly at his broken spirit. I run over to him and hug him. Both of our faces a bright red.

"No no, don't say that! We can get out of here alive! I'm sure we can!" I try to sound as positive as possible.

"Look man... we've been trying to get out of this stupid room for a week now... we're trapped... just admit it." he looks down at his legs sadly. I refused to allow him to be so down on this and decided that I'd take a break to build his morale up again.

"Hey, hey. I have an idea, why don't we do some training. Distract our minds a bit?" I offered with a soft smile.

"No man- we'll waste too much energy which will have to be replenished by food." he replied coldly. He was like me a week ago when I realized there was a chance we'd never leave. I groaned sitting down next to him and giving him a side hug. Our faces an even bright red. The hug somehow turned into cuddling and sitting in the very comfortable silence.

"Hey Collin, can I ask you something?" Steve spoke softly staring at the wall in front of us. I nod my head giving a small "mhm" as a response. He thought about what he was going to say before finally speaking, "I was wondering... if this really works... and we really get out of this game... do you want to meet up in Earth?"

"Of course! I couldn't imagine a world without you Steve!" my voice sounded so excited to have my friend come back to Earth with me. I couldn't imagine being trapped in a game for eleven years. I'm sure he can't wait to return to Earth. "Were you ever dating anyone when you were on Earth?" I questioned with a small smile. He shook his head in response and my eyes widen slightly.

"Seriously. Such a nice man like you not dating a single person? People are missing out" I chuckled quietly as I could feel my face heat up quickly. I covered my face not wanting to be seen blushing so much.

"I mean- were you ever dating anyone?" my eyes widen slightly at Steve's question. I think about it for a moment before shaking my head.

"Nah man. Never a single person." I replied casually. He let out a stifled laugh and nods slowly, "Ya know man, your kind of cute. I mean like- your personality and stuff-" his face was very red and I could tell mine probably was too.

"Thanks... b-but... ya kn-know... your just- better in so many ways." my voice is soft and almost sounded zoned out. Though I was enjoying the conversation, I knew I needed to hurry up or else we would be screwed. I stood up and starting walking back to the machine.

"Wait-" I heard Steve's voice behind me. I felt like I could tell he was having regrets as I stopped walking towards the machine and turned around. We made eye contact and he quickly looked away.

"I- I really like you." he stuttered out as I felt myself getting even more red if that was even possible.

"Seriously? I... like you too." I mumbled staring at Steve with a soft look in my eyes.

"Would you- Would you be my boyfriend!"

Word Count: 876