DD: Part Four

Warning: This chapter contains blood and a dead corpse.

The moonrise announced the end of peace in town. All the townsfolk locked their homes and whoever didn't, would be dinner tonight. Bill and his group were at a roof of a church-like building, watching and waiting for anything weird to attack or move. They had a mission: find the lizard and metal demon; those two were the ones responsible for Norio's disappearance — they weren't sure of that, but based on what Hiro told them, they were most likely behind this.

Lilith had a plan: disguise someone as a boy and use them as a bait. Eve — for having the shortest hair — was the chosen one. She now stood in the forest alone with the pillars and Buriana hiding a few yards back. Eve did not like this idea at all, but she wanted to help, so she agreed. It was nine P.M, and there was no signal of the demons yet.

"This is boring," Pyronica murmured.

"Not everything is fun," Jack said. "But I'm sure one time or another, the demons will appear."

"Hopefully," Lilith said. "I fear for the poor kid."

"Do you think he was devoured?" Pyronica asked.

"I don't want to think that!" Buriana said.

"Yeesh, girls, relax!" Bill said. "It's a demon with a crush, she won't kill him in a day."

"At least that's what we hope." Lilith murmured.

"Lilith, you're not helping."

"Lower your voice, I hear something." Lilith said.

A shadow with glowing eyes could be seen not too far from Eve. The figure stepped into view and Eve turned her head to take a look. She caught sight of a girl with black hair — typical of Japan — and a normal appearance, maybe she was just a lost girl. She approached Eve and asked. "Hey, am, I've never seen you around before," she said. "Are you new here?"

Eve nod. Her voice was too pitchy and she was terrible at changing it, so she was told to keep her mouth shut. "Well, I'm a bit lost," she said. "Do you know the way to downtown?" Eve nod and pointed her arm towards the city's downtown direction. "Thanks, am. . . What's your name?" Eve pointed to her neck, then made an X with her fingers. "You can't speak?" Eve shook her head. "Oh, I'm sorry." Eve smiled, as a way of saying that it was okay. "But, you know," the girl grabbed Eve's arm. "I kinda like boys that don't talk much, and you're very cute. . . Are you naturally blonde?" Eve nod. "Oh, I've never seen such golden hair before,"

Bill scoffed silently. "Please." he thought.

"And those pretty blue eyes. . . And. . ." the girl's canine teeth started to become fangs. "This pretty face. . ." she grinned, her fangs much more visible now.

Eve's eyes went wide, but before she could do anything, the girl jumped on her and wrapped her arms around her tightly. "Mine!"

Her brown eyes turned into a sectorial heterochromic silver and green, on her back spikes appeared and on her eyes appeared two markings that weren't visible to the pillars. Eve couldn't grab the sword, the girls' grasp was too strong. To her luck, the pillars got out of hiding and pulled their katanas out.

"Flame Breathing, Second Form," Pyronica said. "Circus Flame—"

"Wait, no! Don't kill her!" Bill said.

"Insect Breathing, First Form," Lilith said. "Wave of Webs."

In a huge speed, Lilith passed through the girl and Eve, blue spider webs emitted from her katana, making the girl let go of Eve and jump back to dodge while Lilith grabbed Eve on her arms and land a bit further from the group and the demon. "Perfect distraction." she thought, while putting Eve down.