HH: Part Four

Footsteps echoed through the forest of Gravity Falls, the soft rain soon turned into a gigantic storm.

September 12th,

A boy ran as fast as he could with tears in his eyes and a book in hands, which he tried his best to not let the rain fall over it as he wrote on the blank page opened.

1912.

He continued running and looked around him, he inhaled as much air as he could, afraid he might fall and die right there and then if he didn't.

I can't believe what I had witnessed, my efforts weren't in vain. But were they worth it?

The cold wind of the forest made the boy shiver. It wasn't even winter, but it already freezing in that area. This had to be a demon's doing, and that was the main reason he did not stop running.

I don't even know what to write, my adrenaline and my fear are all combined in one.

He heard a noise coming from the trees.

Someone's after me.

Part of him believed it could be just a random person, but whoever this was. . . Too fast. It can't be a random person. Either he was being chased by a wild animal, or he's being chased by a wild demon, which again, could be any kind of demons. Deep inside, though, he was sure who it could be.

He saw me. No, they saw me!

Keep running, boy. Run for your life as fast as you can.

One of those four is after me.

His steps got louder.

I'm not turning around.

A cave was in sight not too far ahead. Sakura tree, wet by the rain. He was still thinking of the possibility the rain or the frost washed away the smell and the effectiveness the trees had against the demons. The effect was the same with the weaker demons, but the demon - or demons - that chased him were definitely not like them. Those were strong, high powered. He clenched the book to his chest and continued running, letting his tears be cleaned by the rain. Finally, he stepped ahead of the trees and inside of the cave.

He stopped his tracks and slowed his breath. His muscles got tired, he fell on his knees on the stony ground beneath him, not letting go of the journal. He looked over his shoulder to his back, the coast was clear, no demons in sight. He had ran far enough, he survived. His eyes slowly shut, he survived. He fell to the side, feeling his heart beast as fast as the lightnings outside, the sound of their beats matching the sound of the thunders.

"I. . . Did it. . ." he smiled as he muttered. "No slayer. . . Ever did it. . . But I. . . I did. . ."

He rolled over and opened his eyes, looking up at the circular stone roof of the cave. No stalactites, luckily.

"I met him," he continued. "I met him, and got out alive."

No other slayer ever met the demon he had met and escaped to tell the story. But he did.

And that was a big problem.

If he had been careful and didn't get caught in sight, he could've sneaked away without consequences. But no, he had to gasp, he had to squeak, he had to react in fear.