Chapter One: Malfunctions

The sounds of branches snapping and heavy footsteps filled the air as we ran through the dark forest. The moon was shining bright above us, illuminating the terror behind us. Its large mouth was hanging open as a river of slobber practically poured out of this thing's mouth. Large claws tore through the soft dirt as it let out a blood curdling screech. I saw the fear in my friend's eyes and ran faster, worried about our survival, this couldn't be the end. The beast started to get closer as we failed to run faster, the smell of its putrid breath making my stomach churn and twist. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wait, no that's a bad spot to start. I'm not used to writing things other people will read, if anyone finds this at all. It's been a while since I thought about this, so this will definitely feel weird to talk about now that everything's gotten so weird. I'll start from the beginning of the adventure, back before my life and my friend's lives changed forever. God I'm glad I grabbed this old thing or our experiences would've probably gone unheard of for a long time. 

                                                                                                                               --- Tord

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

September X, 20XX

It had been a very uneventful day of working on a new invention, making me occasionally lose focus and take a break to look at some hentai. I decided I should probably eat something when my stomach growled so loud and I'd realized I'd been working for a few days without eating. I slipped on one of my many red hoodies and walked downstairs. Edd was sitting on the couch, watching something on TV that didn't seem very interesting, Matt was staring at himself in one of the million mirrors he owned, and Tom was in the kitchen, grabbing more Smirnoff to drink. It was a pretty standard afternoon for us. 

I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge, if I was lucky Edd may have left me some bacon. But that wasn't very likely knowing how Edd was about bacon, especially when we would fight over the last piece. We'd almost killed each other over bacon before, so the chances of there being any bacon left for me would probably be as good as me winning the lottery and Tom dying in the same day.

"Well, look who decided to crawl out of his room." That familiar voice said from the other side of the kitchen. I groaned and looked over to see Tom standing there with at least three bottles of his precious alcohol in his hands. I rolled my eyes and went back to looking for something to eat. "Shut up Jehovah's Witness, I'm working on something important." Tom walked past and went up to his room, slapping the back of my head as he walked by. I picked up a knife and chucked it at him, but he was already gone before it could pierce his back. 

I mumbled a curse under my breath and noticed the familiar smell of bacon in the air. "Hey Edd, is there any bacon left over?!" I yelled at Edd, hoping luck was on my side today. "I think I left you some!" Edd shouted back. I saw a container with my name on it sitting next to the milk in the fridge. "Found it!" I quickly grabbed the container and started to walk back to my room, considering this a success. 

I heard Edd call my name and turned around to see a very concerned look on his face. "Did you need something?" I asked, hoping he wouldn't ask too many questions. "Did you get any sleep last night, you look awful?" Edd looked at me and I saw worry filling his eyes. "I got a few hours of sleep," I responded, lying like I had been for the past few months. "I've been working on something really important, and I guess I've been neglecting other stuff." I looked down at the ground, feeling a little guilty about not being able to tell the others about what I was working on. 

I mostly felt bad about lying to Edd about this, knowing how dangerous this could be if it went wrong. Matt would probably forget it before the end of the day if I told him now and he'd recovered from worse injuries and deaths than a portal generator malfunctioning. And Tom, I'd most likely just send him to a random dimension to finally get rid of him.