Chapter Five: Arguments

I have the journal for a little bit until Tord wakes up. -E

A/N: This is the only time I'll clear this up really quickly. Whenever this happens, this being someone else writing at the beginning of the chapter or at any point, that's my version of a POV shift. I just wanted to clear that up so you wouldn't get confused or anything.

-------------------------------

Matt stumbled into the room Tom and I were hiding in, making me look up. Hopefully they were ok! "What happened?!" I yelled as Matt dropped Tord on the ground. I put three of my fingers on the side of Tord's neck and felt a weak pulse. "I found him in the swamp with some monsters fighting nearby! It was one of those lizard things and another monster that looked like some weird worm in the swamp water! He was awake for a bit, but he passed out before we got here!" Matt exclaimed, also seeming panicked. I couldn't tell if he was genuinely worried about Tord or if he was just panicking because I was. 

I kept my three fingers on Tord's neck, my mind racing to try and think of anything we could do. I could feel his pulse getting stronger, but he still wasn't moving. "What do we do?!" Matt yelled. Tom smirked when he saw Tord laying on the ground, unconscious. I'd need to have another talk with him about how rude he was being, but there were more important things to worry about at the moment. "I say we just leave him here and move on. He has his notebook doesn't he, why don't we just take it and leave?" Tom asked as he started to look through Tord's pockets. I slapped his hands away and glared at him. "No! What is wrong with you?! I know you hate him, but that seems too far, even for you!" I yelled, my hand slipping from Tord's neck for a few moments.

His pulse was still there, but it could stop at any second. "Does anyone know CPR?" I asked, the idea popping into my head. Tom shook his head and Matt looked confused. "I thought that was a song," he said. "Never mind. But do you know how to help Tord, he might die!" I felt so scared, I didn't want to lose my friend. "Good. Leave him to freeze, it'll do all of us a favor," Tom mumbled as he leaned on the wall. "That's it!" I started to make a fire and put Matt's hand on Tord's neck. "Let me know if anything changes," I instructed as I started a fire. I pushed Tord next to the fire and held my breath, hoping it would help. "Hey, the thumping got stronger!" Matt exclaimed. I breathed a sigh of relief as I heard Matt confirm Tord's pulse was stronger now.

"Alright, Matt, keep your hand on Tord's neck while I think of what to do," I explained. "Well, if you really want him to live then get that soaked hoodie off of him, it'll help," Tom mumbled under his breath. I looked up at him, eyes wide. "What?" Matt asked, looking up as well. "The water will make him colder, just pull his hoodie off and hope for the best." Matt carefully pulled Tord's hoodie off and set it aside to dry, checking Tord's neck again once he was done. I sat down by the door, looking up and down the halls. "Really, Matt? You sure that's a good idea turning your back on him" Tom asked, raising one of his eyebrows. "I need to keep watch for any monsters. You wouldn't say anything if something actually happened to Tord if you were watching him, would you?" I asked, glancing back at Tom before closing the door again. "Probably not," Tom shrugged and opened his flask. "I thought that was empty," I said, tilting my head to the side. Tom nodded. "It was. I filled it with water," He stated as he took a sip.

"When did you manage to do that?" I asked. All of us had been running in different directions, maybe it was possible he found some water. "I stumbled into a canteen sort of area with some water bottles. Most of them were filled with mold or empty, I only managed to find one that was good. So, I filled my flask up and looked around for some alcohol," Tom took another sip and wiped his mouth with his sleeve. He must've been paying attention when I did that, or maybe he just knew about that kind of thing. Maybe it was from that time he turned into a vampire. Would a vampire know that kind of thing? "Uh, Edd, you're supposed to be looking out for monsters. That's kind of your job as the lookout," Tom said, waving a hand in front of my face. "Oh right, sorry. I'm just thinking about stuff," I turned around and checked outside the door again for any danger.