Hailey

A/N: Sorry I haven't written lately. I've been really busy with work and school. But here's a long update for you guys. Thank you so much for reading!

I will never understand how someone can be as strong as Veronica. I mean, she has been taking all of this pain like a pro. She got raped, burned, cut, and punched, along with being tased and burned again, and still managed to walk and be confident. I just don't understand. I feel like I should be stronger. I get raped one time and I can barely walk or do anything. I wish that I had Veronica's strength. But I am going to be making sure that she doesn't take the punishment today. I have been laying awake for a little while. I can't stop thinking about what the day might hold. I look at the clock on the wall and see that it is 7:30. I sit up, gently crawling off of the bed, being careful not to wake up Veronica. I stand up, grabbing onto the bed frame to support myself. The pain has gotten better, but it hasn't gone away. Hopefully it will soon. I can walk normally though. Which is good. I walk quietly towards the bathroom, closing the door then turning on the light. I use the bathroom quickly then wash my hands, walking out. I turn off the light and close the door, turning to look back at the room. I freeze. Uncle Joey is standing there with a knife to Grace's throat. She is pale, fear glistening in her eyes. He turns towards me, smiling. Grace winces but doesn't try to fight him. I just stand there, not sure what to do.

"Go wake up your sister. Now. I have something important to tell you two." I nod, walking over to Veronica quickly. I don't want to wake her up from her slumber but I know I have to for Grace's sake. I gently shake her shoulders and she jumps awake, looking around in fear.

"Nica. Nica, it's just me. Uncle Joey is in here with a knife to Grace's throat. Please stay calm." She nods, calming down and sitting up. She stays on the bed, probably not able to move. I sit down beside her, grabbing her hand. Uncle Joey drops the knife on the floor with a thud, making us jump. He drags Grace along with him, coming and sitting on Grace's bed. He grabs Grace's hand, looking across at us.

"I have something to tell you guys. So, as you probably know, I enjoy hurting you two. Very much. But raping you two just doesn't seem right. I didn't really enjoy it. But I do enjoy doing that to Grace. She just has more 'experience' than you two." He quotes 'experience' with his hands. Veronica and I both look over at Grace, who is looking at the ground shamefully, her body barely able to hold itself up because of exhaustion.

"So I won't be raping you two anymore. Only Grace. But I will be hurting you two. I have actually thought of a new technique that I will be trying with you guys tonight. I just wanted to tell both of you that. So that you two wouldn't have to be so worried about it anymore." I tense, squeezing Veronica's hand. She squeezes mine back and I can tell that she is scared. Uncle Joey laughs, standing up.

"I am actually having breakfast with a colleague today. So there is no need for you guys to make me breakfast. I will be expecting dinner tonight though. Hopefully everyone will be able to eat today." He looks at all of us dangerously, making me shudder. He smiles again, walking towards the door.

"No one will leave this room until 8. I will be gone by then. You guys feel free to do whatever you want after that. Now, I will see all of you later." He kisses Grace on the cheek then walks over to us, planting a kiss on each of our foreheads. He walks out of the room and closes the door. I instantly get up, running over to Grace. I hear Veronica get up and start to walk over to her, unable to do anything else but that. I sit down beside her, searching her eyes.

"Are you ok Grace? What all did he do to you? We heard you screaming last night." She looks up at me, tears glistening in her eyes.

"He just hurt me. It doesn't really matter. All that matters right now is helping you two get out of here. Before he can hurt you guys again. I need to take a nap right now. I didn't get much sleep last night. You guys can wake me up at 8 and I will get you guys breakfast. Thank you guys for worrying about me, but I'm truly fine. I just need to rest." I don't believe her but I stand up, nodding. She lays down, pulling the blanket over herself and instantly falling asleep. I turn to Veronica who had been standing right behind me. She looks shaky and I grab her arm, helping her back to the bed. She plops down on it, exhaustion washing over her again. I help her lay down, pulling the blanket back over her.